|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2003-04-08 20:49:31
|
Hi!
I do want to split up /etc/sysconfig/config into the following files
each containing a part of the original file:
* /etc/sysconfig/kernel
# which modules should be loaded in the initial ramdisk
# seperate by space
#INITRD_MODULES="BusLogic aic7xxx 3w-xxxx"
INITRD_MODULES=""
* /etc/sysconfig/security
# debug file permission setting?
# writes log to /tmp/permissions.log
SET_FILE_PERM_DEBUG=no
* /etc/sysconfig/jail
# use the chroot jails?
JAIL_ENABLE=yes
# where to create the chroot jails
# !!! DO NOT CHANGE THIS PATH !!!
JAIL_DIR=/jail
* /etc/sysconfig/network (should propably be /etc/sysconfig/network/config)
HOSTNAME=Devil
DOMAIN=devil-linux.org
#DEFAULTGATEWAY=10.90.1.1
#DEFAULTGATEWAY_IF=eth0
# enable routing -> yes/no
START_ROUTING=yes
# Start the firewall script -> yes/no
START_FIREWALL=yes
# Disable ECN (early congestion notification)
DISABLE_ECN=yes
* /etc/sysconfig/syslog
# which syslog daemon?
# options: syslog-ng syslogd
SYSLOG_DAEMON=syslog-ng
# additional parameters for syslogd
SYSLOGD_PARAM=
# log level for klogd
KERNEL_LOGLEVEL=2
* /etc/sysconfig/keyboard
# name of keyboard layout to be loaded
# e.g. us or de-latin1
KEYBOARD_LAYOUT="us"
#KEYBOARD_LAYOUT="de-latin1"
* /etc/sysconfig/clock
# timezone
TIMEZONE="US/Eastern"
#TIMEZONE="MET"
# set if local clock has time in UTC
UTC=0
New files would propably be
* /etc/sysconfig/services
...containig the START_PACKAGE stuff
* /etc/sysconfig/dhcpcd (should propably be /etc/sysconfig/network/dhcp)
* /etc/sysconfig/zebra
* ....
The following files would not change
* /etc/sysconfig/software
* /etc/sysconfig/domino
* /etc/sysconfig/permissions.base (for now)
Comments? Objections? If I don't hear anything in a few days I
take it as a yes from your side.
--
MfG / Regards
Friedrich Lobenstock
____________________________________________________________________
Friedrich Lobenstock Linux Services Lobenstock
URL: http://www.lsl.at/ Email: fl...@fl...
____________________________________________________________________
|
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2003-04-08 23:15:43
|
Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: > Hi! > > I do want to split up /etc/sysconfig/config into the following files > each containing a part of the original file: [...] I like this idea alot, go ahead ! The current configuration file is just getting to big. I'm not sure if we should put some stuff in a ./network subdirectory, I would rather rename /etc/sysconfig/nic to network. Any other oppinions about this? -- Regards Heiko We are Penguin, resistance is futile! http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2003-04-08 23:18:26
|
Heiko Zuerker wrote: > > I'm not sure if we should put some stuff in a ./network subdirectory, I > would rather rename /etc/sysconfig/nic to network. Any other oppinions > about this? Ah...yes that's what I was thinking about. But one thing at a time ;-) -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock ____________________________________________________________________ Friedrich Lobenstock Linux Services Lobenstock URL: http://www.lsl.at/ Email: fl...@fl... ____________________________________________________________________ |
|
From: John v. V. <joh...@ya...> - 2003-04-09 01:52:27
|
I am personally not happy with Debian and Redhat config systems. I think you should do the most intuitive or obvious thing. Whatever is easiest to explain in a FAQ, or guess even. Given my druthers, all the processes would be kicked off by Perl. The configs would be stored in complex structures... but I am dreaming again. --- Friedrich Lobenstock <fl...@fl...> wrote: > Heiko Zuerker wrote: > > > > I'm not sure if we should put some stuff in a ./network subdirectory, I > > would rather rename /etc/sysconfig/nic to network. Any other oppinions > > about this? > > Ah...yes that's what I was thinking about. But one thing at a time ;-) > > -- > MfG / Regards > Friedrich Lobenstock > ____________________________________________________________________ > Friedrich Lobenstock Linux Services Lobenstock > URL: http://www.lsl.at/ Email: fl...@fl... > ____________________________________________________________________ > > > > ------------------------------------------------------- > This SF.net email is sponsored by: ValueWeb: > Dedicated Hosting for just $79/mo with 500 GB of bandwidth! > No other company gives more support or power for your dedicated server > http://click.atdmt.com/AFF/go/sdnxxaff00300020aff/direct/01/ > _______________________________________________ > Devil-linux-develop mailing list > Dev...@li... > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/devil-linux-develop ===== CXN, Inc. Contact: jo...@th... President, The Linux Society http://groups.yahoo.com/group/linux-society linux society distro -> http://www.thinman.com/eLSD/readme ThinMan is a registered trademark of CXN, Inc __________________________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! Tax Center - File online, calculators, forms, and more http://tax.yahoo.com |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2003-04-15 02:34:29
|
Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: > Comments? Objections? If I don't hear anything in a few days I > take it as a yes from your side. I'll wait until Friedl did this change, then I'll release 1.0b1. I'm pretty sure there will come up quite a few things to fix. ;-) Does anybody have Patches which we should add to the system before I'll release it? -- Regards Heiko We are Penguin, resistance is futile! http://www.devil-linux.org |