Hi!
Just found out that at the moment there's no way to pass additonal
options to the dhcp client (dhcpcd). As I don't want to let someone
from the outside change my dns or ntp settings I had to pass it the
options "-R" and "-N".
From "man dhcpcd":
-R Prevents dhcpcd from replacing existing /etc/resolv.conf file.
-N Prevents dhcpcd from replacing existing /etc/ntp.conf file.
others might need:
-G Prevents dhcpcd from setting a route to the default gateway. This
is useful when multiple processes of dhcpcd are running and you
want to control which one is allowed to set the default route.
-S Keep the searchlist from an existing resolv.conf when replacing
the file. dhcpcd will add it to the domainname received from the DHCP server.
-c <ExecFilePath>
dhcpcd will try to execute <ExecFilePath> script instead of default
<ConfigDir>/dhcpcd.exe script every time it configures or brings down
the interface. See the description of dhcpcd.exe script in
FILES section below.
I used DL 0.5 but copied the /etc/init.d/network script from 0.6pre
and patched it (Patch below).
I won't check this into the current Devil build tree as I'm currently
not sure to solve this globally. Should this be in
etc/sysconfig/nic/ifcfg-ethX or better in etc/sysconfig/config?
Comments please!
--- network-org 2003-03-22 15:40:02.000000000 +0100
+++ network 2003-03-22 14:59:39.000000000 +0100
@@ -36,6 +36,7 @@
source /etc/sysconfig/config
DHCPCD="/usr/sbin/dhcpcd"
+DHCPCD_OPTS="-R -N"
case "$1" in
start)
@@ -83,7 +84,7 @@
mkdir /etc/dhcpc
fi
echo "Starting DHCP on interface $DEVICE..."
- loadproc $DHCPCD -d $DEVICE
+ loadproc $DHCPCD $DHCPCD_OPTS -d $DEVICE
else
BCAST=""
if [ -n "$BROADCAST" ]; then
--
MfG / Regards
Friedrich Lobenstock
____________________________________________________________________
Friedrich Lobenstock FL226-RIPE Internetservices
URL: http://www.fl.priv.at/ Email: fl...@fl...
____________________________________________________________________
|