Hi, I spent all of yesterday and today trying to do the build.
I am not sure where to begin, but the most troubling is the diskspace problem.
I created 1.5 gigs of space and the make iso still complained that there is no
disk space. I did a df and there were 500 MB available and the end of the
build.
The build claimed to be successful even though there were multiple errors along
the way.
Doing each build is too time consuming because there are so many packages,
most of which I dont need.
My honest opinion is that we should begin at the beginning and step through the
whole process to make sure all the documentation is clear and that the scripts
truly exit on failure.
I believe that "make" is only useful in the compliling process. Shell is far
easier to use and much better understood by the majority of admins and very
easy to manipulate. Sections of shell code can be recycled into other
applications.
Kshell provides for menues, etc, and is publically available.
Any ideas ??
John
############### Disk Space Problem ##############
Writing inode tables: done
Writing superblocks and filesystem accounting information: done
This filesystem will be automatically checked every 24 mounts or
180 days, whichever comes first. Use tune2fs -c or -i to override.
tune2fs 1.25 (20-Sep-2001)
Setting maximal mount count to -1
Setting interval between check 0 seconds
cp: writing `/data/build/tmp/mnt/loop2/modules.tar.bz2': No space left on
device
cp: writing `/data/build/tmp/mnt/loop2/mount_cdrom': No space left on device
cp: writing `/data/build/tmp/mnt/loop2/patch_system': No space left on device
cp: cannot create directory `/data/build/tmp/mnt/loop2/proc': No space left on
d
evice
cp: cannot create directory `/data/build/tmp/mnt/loop2/ram': No space left on
de
vice
cp: cannot create directory `/data/build/tmp/mnt/loop2/sbin': No space left on
d
evice
cp: writing `/data/build/tmp/mnt/loop2/software': No space left on device
cp: cannot create directory `/data/build/tmp/mnt/loop2/tmp': No space left on
de
vice
done
compressing the initial ramdisk (initrd) image.... done
creating and compressing the base system ramdisk image.... done
cp: cannot stat `/data/build/tmp/ISO/bootimagetree/vmlinuz': No such file or
dir
ectory
Creating the CD iso image, /data/build/tmp/bootcd.iso...
mkisofs: Uh oh, I cant find the boot image 'boot/isolinux.bin' !
Devil-Linux CD image created!
root:/data/build# df .
Filesystem 1k-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root 5036284 4316720 463732 91% /
--- Heiko Zuerker <he...@zu...> wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
> John van V. wrote:
> | so I just ran configure in the directory
> |
> | libol seems not to be downloadable, dont know what it is so I am going
> to try
> | to remove it
>
> You have to be carefull, the current CVS sources are already for 0.6, so
> you have to get the correct files from the server.
>
> Heiko
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Version: GnuPG v1.0.6-2 (MingW32)
> Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
>
> iEUEARECAAYFAj0WXaYACgkQzRJAyNsjWPm5kACY81KcXqptWqnxFWQReTmD8SB1
> 7wCgnyhwJjgskZWDX0v6kw6Az8q2KR0=
> =8YVO
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
>
=====
John van Vlaanderen
#############################################
# CXN, Inc. Contact: jo...@th... # #
# Proud Sponsor of The Linux Society #
# http://www.thelinuxsociety.org #
#############################################
__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! - Official partner of 2002 FIFA World Cup
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
|