On 04/09/2002 03:49:12 PM Friedrich Lobenstock wrote:
>On Mon, 8 Apr 2002 21:15, Heiko Zuerker wrote:
>
>> I would like to keep the installation of the packages inside Initrd.=
>> I planned to encrypt the tarballs of the packages, to make it harder=
>> for an intruder add software after he managed to break into the
>> system. Currently he has just to run tar -xzf
>> /cdrom/packages/XYZ.tar.gz .
>
>Ok, point taken. So you're right we need LVM (just /sbin/vgscan,
>/sbin/vgchange and libs) in the initrd.
Ok.
>> We could add only the really needed tools to initialize the LVM.
>> Or we could just work with symlinks to the SHMFS.
>
>I suggest we put chroot on the intial ramdisk then we run the LVM
>utilities chroot /dev/shm, so when we switch to the real root
>everything is in place.
Can you take care about that?
>
>BTW when you want to be more secure then we should get rid of the
>/etc/initrd dir and should not rely on possibly forgable scripts.
Good point.
cu
Heiko=
|