Heiko Zuerker wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> I was thinking about opening a paypal account for donations to Devil-Linux.
> We would see by this way, how much the people really would really donate.
>
> Another thing I was thinking about, to do it like Dansguardin (
> http://dansguardian.intmain.com/ ) and give out a download license.
> This means that DL is still under GPL, but companies have to pay a
> certain amount in order to have a valid DL license.
> I was thinking about an amount between $10-$50 per company and release.
> Personal use and non-profit organizations for free, of course. This
> means it would be an enterprise license for the current release (they
> can install as many servers as they want).
> Active developers would have special rights, of course.
Doesn't that interfere with SF?
> Another thing would be including commercial virus scanners and other
> products. But for this, we would have to provide a commercial and free
> version. But I don't like this idea.
> But I have the bad feeling, that we have to do it, to get there, where
> we want to be.
>
> When we do this, we could eventualy effort our long planned own server
> and other services. What do you think about it?
>
> Does somebody have some knowledge about the tax situation? I'm currently
> living in the U.S., but I'm pretty sure that there will be some issues.
For sure you'll have to talk to a tax expert.
--
MfG / Regards
Friedrich Lobenstock
|