|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2002-01-20 17:33:30
|
Hi, here is the list. I wrote my priorities in front of each task. 1 * Support for Harddisks (nearly finished) 2 * Samba 3 * Intrusion Detection System with Database Support 3 * MySQL Client 3 * PostgreSQL Client 4 * Mail Support including TLS and Virus scanning. 5 * (Stealth) Proxies (FTP, HTTP and everything else we find) 6 * Stealth Firewall 7 * HTTP and FTP Server cu Heiko |
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2002-01-20 18:12:19
|
On Sun, 20 Jan 2002 12:27, Heiko Zuerker wrote: > 1 * Support for Harddisks (nearly finished) -> Can you give me an update on this? I wanted to do it but it seems time's limited. For me the logical next steps would be: 1.1 * mail support 1.2 * squid - web proxy 1.3 * logging to disk (no secure!, but intersting for the admin) > 2 * Samba > 3 * Intrusion Detection System with Database Support > 3 * MySQL Client > 3 * PostgreSQL Client Do you really need samba? I would say we'd better swap 3 <-> 2, because that's a firewall and an IDS is more important > 4 * Mail Support including TLS and Virus scanning. 4 * mail virusscanning and TLS > 5 * (Stealth) Proxies (FTP, HTTP and everything else we find) > 6 * Stealth Firewall You mean with Etherdivert or the like? > 7 * HTTP and FTP Server Administration?! -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock ____________________________________________________________________ Friedrich Lobenstock FL226-RIPE Internetservices URL: http://www.fl.priv.at/ Email: fl...@fl... ____________________________________________________________________ |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2002-01-20 18:40:18
|
On Sun, 20 Jan 2002 19:12:15 +0100 (CET) "Friedrich Lobenstock" <fl...@fl...> wrote: > On Sun, 20 Jan 2002 12:27, Heiko Zuerker wrote: > > > 1 * Support for Harddisks (nearly finished) > > -> Can you give me an update on this? I wanted to do it but > it seems time's limited. The support is compiled into the Kernel and ext2 and reiserfs tools are available already included. I also added the scripts from LFS, but they just released new versions. And of course, nothing is tested yet. > For me the logical next steps would be: > 1.3 * logging to disk (no secure!, but intersting for the admin) I would do this as 1.1, because when we have the harddisk support running, this is one line in the syslog-ng config file. > Do you really need samba? I would say we'd better swap 3 <-> 2, > because that's a firewall and an IDS is more important I need it for me, within the next 3 month. I'm setting up a new network infrastructure in my company and need a File Server. I don't wanna do it with a normal Distro, because this is just too much work. > > 6 * Stealth Firewall > > You mean with Etherdivert or the like? There is a Bridge-Netfilter patch available, but it's v0.0.6. :-( With this, the Linux Box is only acting as a Bridge, but is able to filter the traffic. Really nice, but I think not ready yet. > > 7 * HTTP and FTP Server > > Administration?! No, mainly to let DL act as an HTTP or FTP Server, which is secure. But this has a very low priority for me. cu Heiko |
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2002-01-20 18:50:14
|
On Sun, 20 Jan 2002 13:34, Heiko Zuerker wrote: > On Sun, 20 Jan 2002 19:12:15 +0100 (CET) > "Friedrich Lobenstock" <fl...@fl...> wrote: > > > On Sun, 20 Jan 2002 12:27, Heiko Zuerker wrote: > > > > > 1 * Support for Harddisks (nearly finished) > > > > -> Can you give me an update on this? I wanted to do it but > > it seems time's limited. > > The support is compiled into the Kernel and ext2 and reiserfs > tools are available already included. I also added the scripts > from LFS, but they just released new versions. And of course, > nothing is tested yet. OK, then I have to do the LVM and harddisk detection stuff I talked about on my own. So I'd need the lvm tools to be on DL:) > > For me the logical next steps would be: > > 1.3 * logging to disk (no secure!, but intersting for the admin) > > I would do this as 1.1, because when we have the harddisk support > running, this is one line in the syslog-ng config file. Right. -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock ____________________________________________________________________ Friedrich Lobenstock FL226-RIPE Internetservices URL: http://www.fl.priv.at/ Email: fl...@fl... ____________________________________________________________________ |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2002-01-20 19:10:33
|
On Sun, 20 Jan 2002 19:50:10 +0100 (CET) "Friedrich Lobenstock" <fl...@fl...> wrote: > > The support is compiled into the Kernel and ext2 and reiserfs > > tools are available already included. I also added the scripts > > from LFS, but they just released new versions. And of course, > > nothing is tested yet. > > OK, then I have to do the LVM and harddisk detection stuff I talked > about on my own. So I'd need the lvm tools to be on DL:) Did I understood it right, I have to add LVM and then you do the other stuff? What would be the timeframe for your work? cu Heiko |
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2002-01-20 19:15:20
|
On Sun, 20 Jan 2002 14:06, Heiko Zuerker wrote: > Did I understood it right, I have to add LVM and then you do the > other stuff? What would be the timeframe for your work? In two weeks I've got two exams but I think that I can fit it in. Then I'm one week on skiing vacation. In what timeframe do you need it to be? -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock ____________________________________________________________________ Friedrich Lobenstock FL226-RIPE Internetservices URL: http://www.fl.priv.at/ Email: fl...@fl... ____________________________________________________________________ |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2002-01-20 19:40:35
|
On Sun, 20 Jan 2002 20:15:16 +0100 (CET) "Friedrich Lobenstock" <fl...@fl...> wrote: > On Sun, 20 Jan 2002 14:06, Heiko Zuerker wrote: > > > Did I understood it right, I have to add LVM and then you do the > > other stuff? What would be the timeframe for your work? > > In two weeks I've got two exams but I think that I can fit it in. > Then I'm one week on skiing vacation. Vacation? Did I approve it? I don't think so ! ;-) > In what timeframe do you need it to be? I think about end of February should be the earliest. cu Heiko |
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2002-01-20 21:05:26
|
On Sun, 20 Jan 2002 14:34, Heiko Zuerker wrote: > Vacation? Did I approve it? I don't think so ! ;-) Hey boss, that's not true. Last time at the bar you promised me that I can go on vacation ;-) -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2002-01-21 01:50:20
|
Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: >On Sun, 20 Jan 2002 14:34, Heiko Zuerker wrote: > >>Vacation? Did I approve it? I don't think so ! ;-) >> > >Hey boss, that's not true. Last time at the bar you promised me that I >can go on vacation ;-) > True, but normally I don't let it count, when you fill me up and then ask for vacation. Ok, this is the last time I let you do this. GO ON YOUR DAMNED VACATION ! ;-) cu Heiko |