I'm proude to announce the next Beta Release of Devil-Linux.
We did a lot of changes and it's time that the public can take a look on it.
Visit our Website to download this release: http://www.devil-linux.org
You find the Changelog at the end of this mail.
Please report any bugs/problems to bugs@... or on our Website.
We need mirror servers!
When you can provide us with a mirror, please contact me:
0.5 Beta 5
- added perl v5.6.1 as package
- added fileutils v4.1 to base system
- added textutil v2.0 to base system
- added ucd-snmp v4.2.3 as package
- updated bind to v9.2.0
- updated openssl to v0.96c
- updated stunnel to v3.22
- added missing /etc/init.d/dhcpd
- changed default keyboard map to US
- when loading network modules, only print error messages
- added shutdown for several daemons to init system, but still needs
- added start script for cron
- updated Kernel to v2.4.17
- Adaptec AACRAID support as Module
- added sh-utils v2.0 to base system
- removed tinylogin from base system
- added shadow v4.0 to base system
- added util-linux v2.11n to base system
- defined EDITOR=/usr/bin/nano in /etc/profile
- updated nano to v1.0.7
- save-config now saves /root and excludes *~
- fixed redirection in save-config
- added /etc/init.d/firewall, which is starting firewall.rules if
- renamed /etc/init.d/rc.firewall to firewall.rules (needed for
- added /etc/init.d/halt reboot sendsignals rcS from LFS 3.1
- updated /etc/init.d/rc with LFS 3.1 version
- updated wget to v1.8
- changed start number for /etc/init.d/network and rc.firewall
- updated OpenSSH to v3.0.2p1
- updated FreeS/WAN X.509 patch to 0.97
- updated FreeS/WAN to v1.94
- created missing files in /var/log (solved init and syslog-ng problems)
- added runlevel links for zebra daemons
- added ntpd start script
- updated ISC DHCP to v3.0.1rc4
- updated ISC Bind to v9.2.0rc10
- updated Modutils to v2.4.12
- replaced /etc/services
- MODULES and BROADCAST can be skipped now in nic config files
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.