Greetings,
I've been trying to build my own devil-linux image for about a week now,
and I'm having a problem that was reported and reportedly solved last week.
The problem is the kernel and initrd load and the kernel boots, but then
panics trying to mount the root filesystem (the error is something like
"FAT: bogus logical sector size 0" . It doesn't look like the initrd ever
gets mounted, as /linuxrc never runs and the initrd memory gets freed
almost immediately before the panic. I started from scratch this morning by
redownloading everything, and updated from the build directory from CVS,
but the problem persists. I have packages prepared for perl and webmin, but
I can't test them because of this problem. I figure I must be missing
something simple, but have been going crazy trying to figure it out, and
I'm running out of blank discs. :) Can anyone shed any light on this? I'm
building this on a RH7 based system, and am following the howto directions
quite carefully. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Bill
--
H. William Welliver / Fairchild Semiconductor Mountain Top Systems
email: bil...@fa... / phone: 570.474.6761 x4445
|