|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2001-11-28 17:05:08
|
Hi! /build/scripts/build: ... 150linux 153x509patch 155freeswan 159linux2 ... /build/scripts/linux2: # just call the linux script KDIR=$(find_src_dir linux) cd $KDIR || exit 1 source $MYDIR/linux $* Why do we need to compile the kernel twice? -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock |
|
From: Heiko Z. <hz...@pr...> - 2001-11-28 18:03:07
|
Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: > >Why do we need to compile the kernel twice? > FreeS/WAN is the reason. Before it' applies the patches to the kernel sources, the kernel must be compiled once. There could be some other patches, which need this to. cu Heiko |
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2001-11-28 18:07:19
|
On Wed, 28 Nov 2001 13:01, Heiko Zuerker wrote: > FreeS/WAN is the reason. > Before it' applies the patches to the kernel sources, the kernel must be > compiled once. > > There could be some other patches, which need this to. Then why don't we do this: /build/scripts/build: ... 150linux 153x509patch 155freeswan 159linux instead of /build/scripts/build: ... 150linux 153x509patch 155freeswan 159linux2 -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock |
|
From: Heiko Z. <hz...@pr...> - 2001-11-28 20:09:47
|
Hi, because of the done-Flag. When the system create /tmp/.done_build_linux it's not executed the second time. Just for this reason a linux2 script exists, which just calls the linux script. cu Heiko |
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2001-11-28 22:31:14
|
On Wed, 28 Nov 2001 14:37, Heiko Zuerker wrote: > because of the done-Flag. > When the system create /tmp/.done_build_linux it's not executed the > second time. > Just for this reason a linux2 script exists, which just calls the linux > script. Defeated by ones own creation. Sorry should have thought about it earlier. ;-) -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2001-11-28 22:55:27
|
Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: > >Defeated by ones own creation. Sorry should have thought about it >earlier. ;-) > Hehe. But to be honest, I added the link for "linux" 2 times and searched a long time why it is still not working. Then I recognized that the done-flag was the problem. ;-) -- cu Heiko I am root, resistance is futile! http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2001-11-29 00:44:10
|
On Wed, 28 Nov 2001 17:48, Heiko Zuerker wrote: > Hehe. > But to be honest, I added the link for "linux" 2 times and searched a > long time why it is still not working. > Then I recognized that the done-flag was the problem. ;-) OK, the number used in the build dir has to be appended to the .done file then it will work. -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2001-11-29 01:00:04
|
Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: >On Wed, 28 Nov 2001 17:48, Heiko Zuerker wrote: > >>Hehe. >>But to be honest, I added the link for "linux" 2 times and searched a >>long time why it is still not working. >>Then I recognized that the done-flag was the problem. ;-) >> > >OK, the number used in the build dir has to be appended to the >.done file then it will work. > To be honest, I don't know what you mean. Do you have an idea to solve this, without having 2 scripts? I would really prefer this, makes things more logical. -- cu Heiko I am root, resistance is futile! http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2001-11-29 08:37:44
|
On Wed, 28 Nov 2001 19:53, Heiko Zuerker wrote: > To be honest, I don't know what you mean. > Do you have an idea to solve this, without having 2 scripts? > I would really prefer this, makes things more logical. Take a look at this, then you'll know what number I'm talking about: /build/scripts/build: ... 150linux 153x509patch 155freeswan 159linux -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2001-11-29 14:41:53
|
aaaaahhhhaa! build/tmp/.done_build_159linux I got it, easy and good! -- cu Heiko I am root, resistance is futile! http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2001-11-29 18:23:04
|
On Thu, 29 Nov 2001 09:37, Heiko Zuerker wrote: > aaaaahhhhaa! > build/tmp/.done_build_159linux > > I got it, easy and good! If you'd asked earlier.... :) -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock |
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2001-11-29 21:15:49
|
On Thu, 29 Nov 2001 19:22, Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: > On Thu, 29 Nov 2001 09:37, Heiko Zuerker wrote: > > > aaaaahhhhaa! > > build/tmp/.done_build_159linux > > > > I got it, easy and good! > > If you'd asked earlier.... :) > > OK, here it is. .done_build_001_prepare .done_build_010_gmp .done_build_020_libol .done_build_030_zlib I'll check it in soon. -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock |
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2001-11-30 11:37:54
|
On Thu, 29 Nov 2001 22:15, Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: > OK, here it is. > > .done_build_001_prepare > .done_build_010_gmp > .done_build_020_libol > .done_build_030_zlib > > I'll check it in soon. Tested and checked in. -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock |
|
From: Heiko Z. <hz...@pr...> - 2001-11-30 18:25:36
|
ok great. Tomorrow I will see, if I get my Winmodem running under Linux. Then I can check it out. cu Heiko |