On Fri, 23 Nov 2001 21:13:45 +0100 (CET)
"Friedrich Lobenstock" <fl...@fl...> wrote:
> Could you please do some documentation for us.
I added this task to SF.
When I have vacation, I should have enough time to do some work.
A begining of documentation for the build system you can find in the checked out scripts under the directoy build/docs.
I try to do a quick answer right now.
> * which scripts are run during startup and
> what they do -> the current start concept
The only interesting part is the initrd stuff, with my last changes we use the standard System V Init process.
> * where to change them in the build system
build/config/etc/initrd
build/config/etc/init.d
Additional scripts for packages are located under
build/scripts/scripts
> * what utilities are available during startup
> (original /busybox)
Full Bash shell, all Busybox applets.
Limited modules ( only scsi and block drivers)
> I ask this because I would like to know the current state and your
> intentions for the startup procedure.
After the last change, the boot process is much ore cleaned up.
But it still need some more cleaning for the initrd part.
> I know no one loves documenting...
To be honest, I hate it.
But I also know, that we need it. :-((
cu
Heiko
|