|
From: Roland P. <rp...@gm...> - 2009-12-25 13:59:47
Attachments:
network.patch
|
Hi, after running a 1.2.x version for over a year and a half, I finally switched to 1.4 (first RC1 a few weeks ago, now RC2) and I must say it's running great! I'm just having two suggestions: It looks like IPv6 is still disabled in net-tools, since ifconfig doesn't show me my IPv6 addresses. Consequently, static IPv6 addresses set in sysconfig/nic/ifcfg-eth0 cannot be setup, ifconfig gives me an error message like ifconfig eth0 inet6 add ... inet6: Unknown host but "ip -6 addr add ..." works fine. Since, as far as I understand it, "ip" is supposed to supersede "ifconfig", I made a patch that exchanges all "ifconfig" command in /etc/init.d/network to "ip" commands. It was all straightforward, except for the "ifconfig $DEVICE $IP $BCAST $NMASK up" command, which I separated into the "link set up" and the address setting part (couldn't find a line which does both at the same time). I copied my file to my router and rebooted, everything was fine as before... Secondly, my postfix has a few more databases which should get initialized with postmap whenever postfix restarts. The list is currently handled in the variable DBFILES in the postfix init script itself. That means I have to change the init.d script which is then save to etc-mods.tar.bz2 . I think it would be better to either move DBFILES to sysconfig/config, or maybe put the names all into a file, say /etc/postfix/dbfiles, and have that file read in and executed postmap upon each entry... I can make a patch if there are no objections... cu Roland |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2009-12-25 15:18:44
|
Can you create a bug report (well the postfix is a feature request) in Mantis, so we don't lose track of it? http://www.devil-linux.org/support/bugs.php Please provide a patch for the postfix one. Thanks Heiko > -----Original Message----- > From: Roland Pabel [mailto:rp...@gm...] > Sent: Friday, December 25, 2009 7:57 AM > To: dev...@li... > Subject: [Devil-linux-develop] ipv6/postfix in 1.4RC2 > > Hi, > after running a 1.2.x version for over a year and a half, I finally > switched to 1.4 (first RC1 a few weeks ago, now RC2) and I must say > it's running great! > I'm just having two suggestions: > It looks like IPv6 is still disabled in net-tools, since ifconfig > doesn't show me my IPv6 addresses. Consequently, static IPv6 addresses > set in sysconfig/nic/ifcfg-eth0 cannot be setup, ifconfig gives me an > error message like ifconfig eth0 inet6 add ... > inet6: Unknown host > but "ip -6 addr add ..." works fine. Since, as far as I understand it, > "ip" is supposed to supersede "ifconfig", I made a patch that exchanges > all "ifconfig" command in /etc/init.d/network to "ip" commands. It was > all straightforward, except for the "ifconfig $DEVICE $IP $BCAST $NMASK > up" > command, which I separated into the "link set up" and the address > setting part (couldn't find a line which does both at the same time). I > copied my file to my router and rebooted, everything was fine as > before... > Secondly, my postfix has a few more databases which should get > initialized with postmap whenever postfix restarts. The list is > currently handled in the variable DBFILES in the postfix init script > itself. That means I have to change the init.d script which is then > save to etc-mods.tar.bz2 . I think it would be better to either move > DBFILES to sysconfig/config, or maybe put the names all into a file, > say /etc/postfix/dbfiles, and have that file read in and executed > postmap upon each entry... I can make a patch if there are no > objections... > cu > Roland |
|
From: Roland P. <rp...@gm...> - 2009-12-25 18:29:56
Attachments:
postfix-init-script.patch
postfix.patch
|
On Friday 25 December 2009, Heiko Zuerker wrote: > Can you create a bug report (well the postfix is a feature request) in > Mantis, so we don't lose track of it? > http://www.devil-linux.org/support/bugs.php ok, you now have two new feature requests and a bug report (ifconfig not knowing about ipv6 is a bug independent of the networt scripts using it or not) > Please provide a patch for the postfix one. See the attached files. I changed the init script and tested that on my router, it ran fine. Now the database file has to be generated somewhere, I patched the postfix build script to create it when installing the package. Somebody needs to test it, I cannot run a complete build today (or probably this week), but it's just one line... cu Rolnad |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2009-12-31 14:11:36
|
Patch is checked into CVS. Thanks for sending it in. Heiko > -----Original Message----- > From: Roland Pabel [mailto:rp...@gm...] > Sent: Friday, December 25, 2009 12:30 PM > To: dev...@li... > Subject: Re: [Devil-linux-develop] ipv6/postfix in 1.4RC2 > > On Friday 25 December 2009, Heiko Zuerker wrote: > > Can you create a bug report (well the postfix is a feature request) > in > > Mantis, so we don't lose track of it? > > http://www.devil-linux.org/support/bugs.php > ok, you now have two new feature requests and a bug report (ifconfig > not knowing about ipv6 is a bug independent of the networt scripts > using it or > not) > > > Please provide a patch for the postfix one. > See the attached files. I changed the init script and tested that on my > router, it ran fine. Now the database file has to be generated > somewhere, I patched the postfix build script to create it when > installing the package. > Somebody needs to test it, I cannot run a complete build today (or > probably this week), but it's just one line... > cu > Rolnad |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2010-01-09 15:54:49
|
Patch committed to CVS. Thanks ! Heiko > -----Original Message----- > From: Roland Pabel [mailto:rp...@gm...] > Sent: Friday, December 25, 2009 12:30 PM > To: dev...@li... > Subject: Re: [Devil-linux-develop] ipv6/postfix in 1.4RC2 > > On Friday 25 December 2009, Heiko Zuerker wrote: > > Can you create a bug report (well the postfix is a feature request) > in > > Mantis, so we don't lose track of it? > > http://www.devil-linux.org/support/bugs.php > ok, you now have two new feature requests and a bug report (ifconfig > not knowing about ipv6 is a bug independent of the networt scripts > using it or > not) > > > Please provide a patch for the postfix one. > See the attached files. I changed the init script and tested that on my > router, it ran fine. Now the database file has to be generated > somewhere, I patched the postfix build script to create it when > installing the package. > Somebody needs to test it, I cannot run a complete build today (or > probably this week), but it's just one line... > cu > Rolnad |
|
From: Roland P. <rp...@gm...> - 2009-12-28 02:07:47
|
On Friday 25 December 2009, Heiko Zuerker wrote: Hi, I never got my reply with the attached postfix patches back over the mailinglist, did someone get it or must I send it again? cu Roland |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@re...> - 2009-12-28 02:32:59
|
> I never got my reply with the attached postfix patches back over the > mailinglist, did someone get it or must I send it again? Your message came through on the list fine. I see you are using a gmail account. That is the expected behavior for gmail: http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=6588 - BS |
|
From: Roland P. <rp...@gm...> - 2009-12-28 11:10:33
|
On Monday 28 December 2009, Bruce Smith wrote: > > I never got my reply with the attached postfix patches back over the > > mailinglist, did someone get it or must I send it again? > > Your message came through on the list fine. > > I see you are using a gmail account. > That is the expected behavior for gmail: > http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=6588 thanks, I didn't know that... Roland |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@re...> - 2009-12-28 13:52:22
|
>> I see you are using a gmail account. >> That is the expected behavior for gmail: >> http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=6588 > thanks, I didn't know that... A lot of people are confused by that behavior, including myself when I first started using gmail for mailing lists a long time ago. :-) Another way to tell if your message made it to the list, is to check the mailing list archives online and see if your message is there. Just click the link on the bottom of each message, then click the link: "Devil-linux-develop Archives" and look for your email. - BS |