Hi
I'm using the latest version from CVS and it looks like Freeswan is failing to
compile correctly - specifically, SHA2 from the ALG patches, which has a
cascade effect and causes pluto to fail compilation. These failures do not
appear to be picked up during the build or install process.
I'm using freeswan with all the extra patches
Is anyone else seeing this? You can check by seeing if /usr/lib/ipsec contains
the pluto and whack executables.
Doing a manual compilation I get the following failure...
root:/build/tmp/freeswan-1.99# make programs
make[1]: Entering directory `/build/tmp/freeswan-1.99/libdes'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `programs'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/build/tmp/freeswan-1.99/libdes'
make[1]: Entering directory `/build/tmp/freeswan-1.99/lib'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `programs'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/build/tmp/freeswan-1.99/lib'
make[1]: Entering directory `/build/tmp/freeswan-1.99/pluto'
make -C alg libalg.o
make[2]: Entering directory `/build/tmp/freeswan-1.99/pluto/alg'
make -C ../../libcrypto/libsha2 libsha2.a
make[3]: Entering directory `/build/tmp/freeswan-1.99/libcrypto/libsha2'
cc -O3 -omit-frame-pointer -I../include -c -o hmac_sha2.o hmac_sha2.c
cc1: error: unrecognized option `-strip'
cc1: error: output filename specified twice
make[3]: *** [hmac_sha2.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/build/tmp/freeswan-1.99/libcrypto/libsha2'
make[2]: *** [../../libcrypto/libsha2/libsha2.a] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/build/tmp/freeswan-1.99/pluto/alg'
make[1]: *** [alg/libalg.o] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/build/tmp/freeswan-1.99/pluto'
Being the non-programmer that I am, I'm not sure what is causing this error -
looks like the strip option, but I'm unsure where this is coming from...
Any help / ideas appreciated.
Thanks
Martin
|