Martin Glazer wrote:
>Hi
>
>Just wondering if there is any updated documentation on how to develop for
>Devil Linux? The stuff on the web appears out of date...
>
No there isn't.
>I'm trying to add some new packages and things just don't look the same - no
>empty links for one thing, etc.
>
Take a look at the other scripts.
those are the important lines:
# you need the next line, otherwise script won't be executed !!!
# DL-build-system v3
### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides: alsa-utils
# Required-Start: $basebuildtools $libs linux alsa-driver alsa-lib
# Required-Stop:
# Default-Start: 1 2
# Default-Stop:
# Description: alsa sound support, 3st step
### END INIT INFO
The build dependencies are created by invocing the command:
make prepare
>Also should I be using the latest CVS version or should I stick to the current
>release?
>
>
You modifications won't make it into a official 1.0.x, since we only
want to do updates & bugfixes there.
But we will gladly add it to 1.1.x and when you compile anyway your own
version, then you can use the newer (more advanced) version.
Heiko
|