|
From: John v. V. <joh...@ya...> - 2003-01-29 17:53:57
|
Hi Guys, I am happy to announce that I got Bochs going w/ my version of DL. Basically you need the Bochs source, and some svga and python wx libraries: http://www.thinman.com/bochs/bochs.lib.tar.gz And the eLSD/Bochs directory: http://www.thinman.com/eLSD/eLSD-0.2/eLSD-v0.2-bochs-img.tar.gz I will download the latest DL to see how the floppy part works... Its a start. Ultimately I will create a DL package for it to go with the GCC DL package I want to create. I am also starting work on a uClibc/Busybox nano-disrto w/ an eye to DL and LinuxBIOS John Ps ** everything works over here -- let me know if there is a problem :) ===== CXN, Inc. Contact: jo...@th... President, The Linux Society http://groups.yahoo.com/group/linux-society linux society distro -> http://www.thinman.com/eLSD/readme ThinMan is a registered trademark of CXN, Inc __________________________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now. http://mailplus.yahoo.com |
|
From: John v. V. <joh...@ya...> - 2003-01-29 18:19:39
|
Dang !!! Bochs doesnt recongnize the hardware floppy :( Still working at it :) --- "John van V." <joh...@ya...> wrote: > > Hi Guys, > > I am happy to announce that I got Bochs going w/ my version of DL. > > Basically you need the Bochs source, and some svga and python wx libraries: > > http://www.thinman.com/bochs/bochs.lib.tar.gz > > And the eLSD/Bochs directory: > > http://www.thinman.com/eLSD/eLSD-0.2/eLSD-v0.2-bochs-img.tar.gz > > I will download the latest DL to see how the floppy part works... > > Its a start. Ultimately I will create a DL package for it to go with the GCC > DL package I want to create. > > I am also starting work on a uClibc/Busybox nano-disrto w/ an eye to DL and > LinuxBIOS > > John > > Ps ** everything works over here -- let me know if there is a problem :) > > > > ===== > CXN, Inc. Contact: jo...@th... > President, The Linux Society > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/linux-society > linux society distro -> http://www.thinman.com/eLSD/readme > ThinMan is a registered trademark of CXN, Inc > > __________________________________________________ > Do you Yahoo!? > Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now. > http://mailplus.yahoo.com > > > ------------------------------------------------------- > This SF.NET email is sponsored by: > SourceForge Enterprise Edition + IBM + LinuxWorld = Something 2 See! > http://www.vasoftware.com > _______________________________________________ > Devil-linux-develop mailing list > Dev...@li... > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/devil-linux-develop ===== CXN, Inc. Contact: jo...@th... President, The Linux Society http://groups.yahoo.com/group/linux-society linux society distro -> http://www.thinman.com/eLSD/readme ThinMan is a registered trademark of CXN, Inc __________________________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now. http://mailplus.yahoo.com |
|
From: John v. V. <joh...@ya...> - 2003-01-29 18:27:45
|
Little update: :As I mentioned I am working on/from the Devil-Linux.Org distro on SF. :My version is somewhat "developmental", breaks some of the DL rules wrt to :security. :But that is exactly why I am using it. :I got the offical DL release to boot in a Bochs .. but didnt recognize the :floppy hardware -- I just cut the floppy a minute ago -- floppy works :) :My eLSD variant of DL package is available to you folks if you want it, hope :you do, tho a working DL is more appropriate, of course !! :http://www.thinman.com/eLSD/eLSD-0.2/eLSD-v0.2-bochs-img.tar.gz More later... --- "John van V." <joh...@ya...> wrote: > > Dang !!! Bochs doesnt recongnize the hardware floppy :( > > Still working at it :) > > > --- "John van V." <joh...@ya...> wrote: > > > > Hi Guys, > > > > I am happy to announce that I got Bochs going w/ my version of DL. > > > > Basically you need the Bochs source, and some svga and python wx libraries: > > > > http://www.thinman.com/bochs/bochs.lib.tar.gz > > > > And the eLSD/Bochs directory: > > > > http://www.thinman.com/eLSD/eLSD-0.2/eLSD-v0.2-bochs-img.tar.gz > > > > I will download the latest DL to see how the floppy part works... > > > > Its a start. Ultimately I will create a DL package for it to go with the > GCC > > DL package I want to create. > > > > I am also starting work on a uClibc/Busybox nano-disrto w/ an eye to DL and > > LinuxBIOS > > > > John > > > > Ps ** everything works over here -- let me know if there is a problem :) > > > > > > > > ===== > > CXN, Inc. Contact: jo...@th... > > President, The Linux Society > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/linux-society > > linux society distro -> http://www.thinman.com/eLSD/readme > > ThinMan is a registered trademark of CXN, Inc > > > > __________________________________________________ > > Do you Yahoo!? > > Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now. > > http://mailplus.yahoo.com > > > > > > ------------------------------------------------------- > > This SF.NET email is sponsored by: > > SourceForge Enterprise Edition + IBM + LinuxWorld = Something 2 See! > > http://www.vasoftware.com > > _______________________________________________ > > Devil-linux-develop mailing list > > Dev...@li... > > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/devil-linux-develop > > > ===== > CXN, Inc. Contact: jo...@th... > President, The Linux Society > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/linux-society > linux society distro -> http://www.thinman.com/eLSD/readme > ThinMan is a registered trademark of CXN, Inc > > __________________________________________________ > Do you Yahoo!? > Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now. > http://mailplus.yahoo.com > > > ------------------------------------------------------- > This SF.NET email is sponsored by: > SourceForge Enterprise Edition + IBM + LinuxWorld = Something 2 See! > http://www.vasoftware.com > _______________________________________________ > Devil-linux-develop mailing list > Dev...@li... > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/devil-linux-develop ===== CXN, Inc. Contact: jo...@th... President, The Linux Society http://groups.yahoo.com/group/linux-society linux society distro -> http://www.thinman.com/eLSD/readme ThinMan is a registered trademark of CXN, Inc __________________________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now. http://mailplus.yahoo.com |
|
From: John v. V. <joh...@ya...> - 2003-01-29 19:22:10
|
Seems to work -- got to a login prompt :) Doing it again, watching carefully.... its kinda slow John --- "John van V." <joh...@ya...> wrote: > > Little update: > > :As I mentioned I am working on/from the Devil-Linux.Org distro on SF. > > :My version is somewhat "developmental", breaks some of the DL rules wrt to > :security. > > :But that is exactly why I am using it. > > :I got the offical DL release to boot in a Bochs .. but didnt recognize the > :floppy hardware -- I just cut the floppy a minute ago -- floppy works :) > > :My eLSD variant of DL package is available to you folks if you want it, hope > :you do, tho a working DL is more appropriate, of course !! > > :http://www.thinman.com/eLSD/eLSD-0.2/eLSD-v0.2-bochs-img.tar.gz > > More later... > > --- "John van V." <joh...@ya...> wrote: > > > > Dang !!! Bochs doesnt recongnize the hardware floppy :( > > > > Still working at it :) > > > > > > --- "John van V." <joh...@ya...> wrote: > > > > > > Hi Guys, > > > > > > I am happy to announce that I got Bochs going w/ my version of DL. > > > > > > Basically you need the Bochs source, and some svga and python wx > libraries: > > > > > > http://www.thinman.com/bochs/bochs.lib.tar.gz > > > > > > And the eLSD/Bochs directory: > > > > > > http://www.thinman.com/eLSD/eLSD-0.2/eLSD-v0.2-bochs-img.tar.gz > > > > > > I will download the latest DL to see how the floppy part works... > > > > > > Its a start. Ultimately I will create a DL package for it to go with the > > GCC > > > DL package I want to create. > > > > > > I am also starting work on a uClibc/Busybox nano-disrto w/ an eye to DL > and > > > LinuxBIOS > > > > > > John > > > > > > Ps ** everything works over here -- let me know if there is a problem :) > > > > > > > > > > > > ===== > > > CXN, Inc. Contact: jo...@th... > > > President, The Linux Society > > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/linux-society > > > linux society distro -> http://www.thinman.com/eLSD/readme > > > ThinMan is a registered trademark of CXN, Inc > > > > > > __________________________________________________ > > > Do you Yahoo!? > > > Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now. > > > http://mailplus.yahoo.com > > > > > > > > > ------------------------------------------------------- > > > This SF.NET email is sponsored by: > > > SourceForge Enterprise Edition + IBM + LinuxWorld = Something 2 See! > > > http://www.vasoftware.com > > > _______________________________________________ > > > Devil-linux-develop mailing list > > > Dev...@li... > > > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/devil-linux-develop > > > > > > ===== > > CXN, Inc. Contact: jo...@th... > > President, The Linux Society > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/linux-society > > linux society distro -> http://www.thinman.com/eLSD/readme > > ThinMan is a registered trademark of CXN, Inc > > > > __________________________________________________ > > Do you Yahoo!? > > Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now. > > http://mailplus.yahoo.com > > > > > > ------------------------------------------------------- > > This SF.NET email is sponsored by: > > SourceForge Enterprise Edition + IBM + LinuxWorld = Something 2 See! > > http://www.vasoftware.com > > _______________________________________________ > > Devil-linux-develop mailing list > > Dev...@li... > > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/devil-linux-develop > > > ===== > CXN, Inc. Contact: jo...@th... > President, The Linux Society > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/linux-society > linux society distro -> http://www.thinman.com/eLSD/readme > ThinMan is a registered trademark of CXN, Inc > > __________________________________________________ > Do you Yahoo!? > Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now. > http://mailplus.yahoo.com > > > ------------------------------------------------------- > This SF.NET email is sponsored by: > SourceForge Enterprise Edition + IBM + LinuxWorld = Something 2 See! > http://www.vasoftware.com > _______________________________________________ > Devil-linux-develop mailing list > Dev...@li... > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/devil-linux-develop ===== CXN, Inc. Contact: jo...@th... President, The Linux Society http://groups.yahoo.com/group/linux-society linux society distro -> http://www.thinman.com/eLSD/readme ThinMan is a registered trademark of CXN, Inc __________________________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now. http://mailplus.yahoo.com |
|
From: John v. V. <joh...@ya...> - 2003-01-29 20:38:03
|
Hi, I got everything to work -- great !! Used a floppy image** The only problem was some "rm" commands in the initrd phase before Init had gotten the real OS started. http://www.thinman.com/devil-linux/snapshot.txt Rest of directory: http://www.thinman.com/devil-linux/ --My full Bochs in /opt/bochs including Devil Linux example: **note dotme file in /opt/bochs/bin to set paths bochs.tar.gz 118939462 K bochs.tar.gz.md5sum 47 K --Devil Linux Image directory: devil-linux-0.5a-bochs-img.tar.gz 45238977 K devil-linux-0.5a-bochs-img.tar.gz.md5sum 68 K My eLSD variant doesn't use these directories -- keeps all the modules in the final filesystem so it doesn't have this problem. http://www.thinman.com/eLSD/eLSD-0.2 eLSD-0.2.tar.bz2 42853018 K eLSD-0.2.tar.bz2.md5sum 51 K eLSD-v0.2-bochs-img.tar.gz 44838110 K eLSD-v0.2-bochs-img.tar.gz.md5sum 61 K eLSD_0.2_boot.iso.bz2 40020633 K Bochs seems kind of slow.. think gunzip and bunzip2 have a hard time in emulation. John --- "John van V." <joh...@ya...> wrote: > > Seems to work -- got to a login prompt :) > > Doing it again, watching carefully.... its kinda slow > > John > > > --- "John van V." <joh...@ya...> wrote: > > > > Little update: > > > > :As I mentioned I am working on/from the Devil-Linux.Org distro on SF. > > > > :My version is somewhat "developmental", breaks some of the DL rules wrt to > > :security. > > > > :But that is exactly why I am using it. > > > > :I got the offical DL release to boot in a Bochs .. but didnt recognize the > > :floppy hardware -- I just cut the floppy a minute ago -- floppy works :) > > > > :My eLSD variant of DL package is available to you folks if you want it, > hope > > :you do, tho a working DL is more appropriate, of course !! > > > > :http://www.thinman.com/eLSD/eLSD-0.2/eLSD-v0.2-bochs-img.tar.gz > > > > More later... > > > > --- "John van V." <joh...@ya...> wrote: > > > > > > Dang !!! Bochs doesnt recongnize the hardware floppy :( > > > > > > Still working at it :) > > > > > > > > > --- "John van V." <joh...@ya...> wrote: > > > > > > > > Hi Guys, > > > > > > > > I am happy to announce that I got Bochs going w/ my version of DL. > > > > > > > > Basically you need the Bochs source, and some svga and python wx > > libraries: > > > > > > > > http://www.thinman.com/bochs/bochs.lib.tar.gz > > > > > > > > And the eLSD/Bochs directory: > > > > > > > > http://www.thinman.com/eLSD/eLSD-0.2/eLSD-v0.2-bochs-img.tar.gz > > > > > > > > I will download the latest DL to see how the floppy part works... > > > > > > > > Its a start. Ultimately I will create a DL package for it to go with > the > > > GCC > > > > DL package I want to create. > > > > > > > > I am also starting work on a uClibc/Busybox nano-disrto w/ an eye to DL > > and > > > > LinuxBIOS > > > > > > > > John > > > > > > > > Ps ** everything works over here -- let me know if there is a problem > :) > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ===== > > > > CXN, Inc. Contact: jo...@th... > > > > President, The Linux Society > > > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/linux-society > > > > linux society distro -> http://www.thinman.com/eLSD/readme > > > > ThinMan is a registered trademark of CXN, Inc > > > > > > > > __________________________________________________ > > > > Do you Yahoo!? > > > > Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now. > > > > http://mailplus.yahoo.com > > > > > > > > > > > > ------------------------------------------------------- > > > > This SF.NET email is sponsored by: > > > > SourceForge Enterprise Edition + IBM + LinuxWorld = Something 2 See! > > > > http://www.vasoftware.com > > > > _______________________________________________ > > > > Devil-linux-develop mailing list > > > > Dev...@li... > > > > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/devil-linux-develop > > > > > > > > > ===== > > > CXN, Inc. Contact: jo...@th... > > > President, The Linux Society > > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/linux-society > > > linux society distro -> http://www.thinman.com/eLSD/readme > > > ThinMan is a registered trademark of CXN, Inc > > > > > > __________________________________________________ > > > Do you Yahoo!? > > > Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now. > > > http://mailplus.yahoo.com > > > > > > > > > ------------------------------------------------------- > > > This SF.NET email is sponsored by: > > > SourceForge Enterprise Edition + IBM + LinuxWorld = Something 2 See! > > > http://www.vasoftware.com > > > _______________________________________________ > > > Devil-linux-develop mailing list > > > Dev...@li... > > > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/devil-linux-develop > > > > > > ===== > > CXN, Inc. Contact: jo...@th... > > President, The Linux Society > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/linux-society > > linux society distro -> http://www.thinman.com/eLSD/readme > > ThinMan is a registered trademark of CXN, Inc > > > > __________________________________________________ > > Do you Yahoo!? > > Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now. > > http://mailplus.yahoo.com > > > > > > ------------------------------------------------------- > > This SF.NET email is sponsored by: > > SourceForge Enterprise Edition + IBM + LinuxWorld = Something 2 See! > > http://www.vasoftware.com > > _______________________________________________ > > Devil-linux-develop mailing list > > Dev...@li... > > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/devil-linux-develop > > > ===== > CXN, Inc. Contact: jo...@th... > President, The Linux Society > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/linux-society > linux society distro -> http://www.thinman.com/eLSD/readme > ThinMan is a registered trademark of CXN, Inc > > __________________________________________________ > Do you Yahoo!? > Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now. > http://mailplus.yahoo.com > > > ------------------------------------------------------- > This SF.NET email is sponsored by: > SourceForge Enterprise Edition + IBM + LinuxWorld = Something 2 See! > http://www.vasoftware.com > _______________________________________________ > Devil-linux-develop mailing list > Dev...@li... > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/devil-linux-develop ===== CXN, Inc. Contact: jo...@th... President, The Linux Society http://groups.yahoo.com/group/linux-society linux society distro -> http://www.thinman.com/eLSD/readme ThinMan is a registered trademark of CXN, Inc __________________________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now. http://mailplus.yahoo.com |