-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1
On Thu, May 4, 2006 12:47, Bruce Smith wrote:
>> Take a look at this code fragment from config/etc/initrd/linuxrc (DL
>> 1.2
>> branch), especially the IF at the end: ------------------------ CODE
>> ------------------------
>> echo -e "Please insert Configuration Media and press 'ENTER'" read ANS fi
>> echo done unset ANS RET
>>
>> echo $DL_CONFIG_SOURCE > /shm/DL_CONFIG_SOURCE echo $DL_CONFIG_FILE >
>> /shm/DL_CONFIG_FILE
>> export DL_CONFIG_SOURCE export DL_CONFIG_FILE
>>
>> mkdir -p /shm/root
>>
>> # check if the DL ISO got upgraded
>> if [ -e /shm/dl_iso_replaced ]; then cd /cdrom #change to new root
>> pivot_root . initrd $RED
>> echo "Rebooting..." $NORMAL
>> exec /usr/sbin/chroot . /sbin/reboot -f fi ------------------------ /CODE
>> ------------------------
>>
>>
>> My conclusions regarding the IF are:
>>
>>
>> * old and not used anymore as reboot's after an upgrade
>> are (currently) handled by mount_cdrom
>>
>> * reboot doesn't work anyway - see attachment
>>
>
> I Looked at mount_cdrom, which is the only place I can find that does a
> "touch /shm/dl_iso_replaced", and it does a reboot right after the
> touch. So I'd say you are correct that the IF will never be true.
>
>> So I'd say I remove the IF completely. Objections?
>>
>
> No objection from me.
Nope
- --
Regards
Heiko Zuerker
http://www.devil-linux.org
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.2.2 (GNU/Linux)
iEYEARECAAYFAkRanXQACgkQUcytMSbs+YVEpACgnEbvR7WdUOJKKevx58vDE42V
LqcAnA9EIjgHMaexqZ4ShiMeD8XhBERo
=L5wD
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
|