|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-12-31 03:09:32
|
Hey folks, you can now start using DL 1.3 again. Things which currently don't work: grsecurity pax exec-shield gnugk (openh323gk) Oh yeah, DL 1.3 doesn't have any support for kernel 2.4 anymore. Would be awesome if you guys could start help testing and get the errors out. -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Serge L. <fi...@in...> - 2007-07-06 09:27:47
|
Hi, I'm really sorry for troubling people, who is testing 1.3. I've updated kernel to 2.6.21.5 but I still can't adjust the kernel config file and "make prepare" freezes on "make oldconfig" phase . As a workaround (I use it myself) I suggest to _temporary_ add the following to the scripts/prepare: - make oldconfig || exit 1 + ( yes | sed 's/y//' | make oldconfig ) || exit 1 it allows to set default values for all unknown kernel options. Heiko, could you please point me the right direction? I copied full .config to cripts/config/linux-2.6/linux_config but the next time the system asks me again... Have I missed something critical? -- Serge Leschinsky |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2007-07-06 14:41:49
|
On Fri, July 6, 2007 04:27, Serge Leschinsky wrote: > Hi, > > > I'm really sorry for troubling people, who is testing 1.3. I've updated > kernel to 2.6.21.5 but I still can't adjust the kernel config file and > "make prepare" > freezes on "make oldconfig" phase . > > As a workaround (I use it myself) I suggest to _temporary_ add the > following to the scripts/prepare: > > - make oldconfig || exit 1 > + ( yes | sed 's/y//' | make oldconfig ) || exit 1 > > > it allows to set default values for all unknown kernel options. > > Heiko, could you please point me the right direction? I copied full > .config to > cripts/config/linux-2.6/linux_config but the next time the system asks me > again... Have I missed something critical? In some kernel releases that happens, don't know why. One thing which may cause you trouble: the .config for the kernel is build out of several files from the scripts/config/linux-2.6/ directory, maybe one of the CPU related ones causes you trouble. There are also some scripts which modify the .config, check the scripts/prepare file. -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Roland P. <rp...@ne...> - 2004-12-31 14:17:51
|
On Friday 31 December 2004 04:08, Heiko Zuerker wrote: > Hey folks, > [...] > Would be awesome if you guys could start help testing and get the errors > out. Great news, I was waiting for your announcement on this. I'll start working with it next year ;-) Happy new year everyone Roland -- ICQ UIN 49339118 Linux Counter #88774 GPG-Key 1024D/59C6AFA6 2003-02-07 Roland Pabel <ro...@pa...> |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-12-31 15:09:18
|
> On Friday 31 December 2004 04:08, Heiko Zuerker wrote: >> Hey folks, >> > [...] >> Would be awesome if you guys could start help testing and get the errors >> out. > Great news, I was waiting for your announcement on this. I'll start > working > with it next year ;-) Happy new year everyone We still have a full day in front of us here, but HAPPY NEW YEAR 2 u 2 ! -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-12-31 15:52:52
|
> Hey folks, > > you can now start using DL 1.3 again. > Things which currently don't work: > grsecurity > pax > exec-shield > gnugk (openh323gk) > > Oh yeah, DL 1.3 doesn't have any support for kernel 2.4 anymore. > > Would be awesome if you guys could start help testing and get the errors > out. What I forgott to mention: DL 1.3 requires a new lfssystem, you'll find it on the FTP server or any of its mirrors. The new lfssystem is only for i686 and up, I very much doubt that anybody would try to compile DL on a 486. ;-) -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Wenshui C. <ch...@as...> - 2005-01-05 15:12:03
|
Hi, After unselect some packages when I had error on compiling process(and I forgot which packages are unselected), I finally pass through the make build process. Although I don't know why and how, this is my first time to get here. After that, I did make install and I get an error messges on gcc installation. The error messages on last line of /data/build/tmp/LOGS/install/gcc is like this: cp: cannot overwrite directory `/data/build/tmp/ISO/cdtree/lib' with non-directory I appreciate to show me how to fix this. Wenshui Chen > Hey folks, > > you can now start using DL 1.3 again. > Things which currently don't work: > grsecurity > pax > exec-shield > gnugk (openh323gk) > > Oh yeah, DL 1.3 doesn't have any support for kernel 2.4 anymore. > > Would be awesome if you guys could start help testing and get the errors out. |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2005-01-05 18:25:15
|
Hi, > After unselect some packages when I had error on compiling process(and I > forgot which packages are unselected), I finally pass through the make > build process. Although I don't know why and how, this is my first time > to get here. After that, I did make install and I get an error messges > on gcc installation. The error messages on last line of > /data/build/tmp/LOGS/install/gcc is like this: > > cp: cannot overwrite directory `/data/build/tmp/ISO/cdtree/lib' with > non-directory > > I appreciate to show me how to fix this. Looks like you're missing something here. Can you run: make clean install iso If it fails again, you'll have to start over with: make mrproper unpack prepare build install iso Problems can also be caused from a Redhat based distribution (like Fedora). Here's how to fix this: http://www.devil-linux.org/documentation/1.2.x/ch03s05.html -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Wenshui C. <ch...@as...> - 2005-01-06 11:06:34
|
Hi Heiko, Thanks for your prompt reply. I'm not running on a RedHat or Fedora system. My system is SuSe Professional 9.1. Here is my uname -a output: Linux develope01 2.6.4-52-smp #1 SMP Wed Apr 7 02:11:20 UTC 2004 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux I've done make clean install, but the result is the same: cp: cannot overwrite directory `/data/build/tmp/ISO/cdtree/lib' with non-directory So, I proceed on second suggestion. It is doing "make build". I'll let you know when any result comes out. Thanks. Wenshui Chen > Hi, > > > After unselect some packages when I had error on compiling process(and I > > forgot which packages are unselected), I finally pass through the make > > build process. Although I don't know why and how, this is my first time > > to get here. After that, I did make install and I get an error messges > > on gcc installation. The error messages on last line of > > /data/build/tmp/LOGS/install/gcc is like this: > > > > cp: cannot overwrite directory `/data/build/tmp/ISO/cdtree/lib' with > > non-directory > > > > I appreciate to show me how to fix this. > > Looks like you're missing something here. > Can you run: > make clean install iso > > If it fails again, you'll have to start over with: > make mrproper unpack prepare build install iso > > Problems can also be caused from a Redhat based distribution (like Fedora). > Here's how to fix this: > http://www.devil-linux.org/documentation/1.2.x/ch03s05.html |
|
From: Wenshui C. <ch...@as...> - 2005-01-07 02:48:58
|
Hi Heiko, I'm not running on a RedHat or Fedora system. My system is SuSe Professional 9.1. Here is my uname -a output: Linux develope01 2.6.4-52-smp #1 SMP Wed Apr 7 02:11:20 UTC 2004 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux I've done make mrproper prepare build install, but the result is the same: cp: cannot overwrite directory `/data/build/tmp/ISO/cdtree/lib' with non-directory Any comments, Thanks. Wenshui Chen > Hi, > > > After unselect some packages when I had error on compiling process(and I > > forgot which packages are unselected), I finally pass through the make > > build process. Although I don't know why and how, this is my first time > > to get here. After that, I did make install and I get an error messges > > on gcc installation. The error messages on last line of > > /data/build/tmp/LOGS/install/gcc is like this: > > > > cp: cannot overwrite directory `/data/build/tmp/ISO/cdtree/lib' with > > non-directory > > > > I appreciate to show me how to fix this. > > Looks like you're missing something here. > Can you run: > make clean install iso > > If it fails again, you'll have to start over with: > make mrproper unpack prepare build install iso > > Problems can also be caused from a Redhat based distribution (like Fedora). > Here's how to fix this: > http://www.devil-linux.org/documentation/1.2.x/ch03s05.html |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2005-01-07 03:11:48
|
> I've done make mrproper prepare build install, I think you need to do an "unpack" too. make mrproper unpack prepare build install iso - BS |