All the patches apply cleanly against a vanilla 2.4.26 kernel.
They have also been tested against the ALREADY patched 2.4.26 from
DL...and they work. HOWEVER, since the current version of DL ALREADY
includes kernel pacthes for IMQ, the kernel specific patch is not needed
(IMQ-kernel-2.4.diff). The other patches must still be applied.
Kernel Patches:
IMQ-kernel-2.4.diff :basic IMQ device creation in the kernel
IMQ-kernel-2.4.26-nat :needed when IMQ/nat are used concurrently
IMQ-kernel-netfilter-patch :iptables IMQ kernel module
Iptables patches:
IMQ-iptables-1.2.9.diff :iptables IMQ support
AFTER installing the patch, (patch p1 < filename.diff), there is an
extra step needed.
Under the src/iptables-1.2.9/extensions folder. You have to:
chmod +x .IMQ-test
That is because the Makefile for iptables runs these patch tests for
every kernel extension before building its own extensions.
I have included the 2.6 patches as a novelty. I have NOT used the 2.6
kernel. I have NOT tested the patches.
I will soon try it...but for now...it is UNTESTED.
The 2.4 patches listed here are fully functional. I have
compiled/installed and ested them myself. There should be no
compilation errors.
Note:
I have these patches installed and running on a DL router with 400 users
pounding it. All 400 users are being pumped through IMQ and my QoS
scripts for traffic control. The hardware: a PentiumPro 200Mhz.
--
Peter Frischknecht <pe...@em...>
Empowering Solutions, Inc.
|