Bruce Smith wrote:
>I should probably update the firewall script in 1.0 and 1.1 as someone
>suggested. Since I've never worked with multiple branches, let me make
>sure I know what I'm doing so I don't screw something up.
>
>I haven't done anything since the new 1.1 branch, so my hard drive now
>contains all the 1.1 files, correct? (it better! :)
>
>To modify a file in 1.0, I need to check it all out from CVS, correct?
>Do I need to re-download everything, or is there any to short-cut this
>by copying over my 1.1 directory to somewhere else?
>
>If I commit something in 1.0, does the change automatically go to 1.1,
>or do I have to manually commit it in 1.1 too?
>
>Anything else I should know ... ? :-)
>
>
Go into some other directory (i.e. /lfssystem/data2 ) and do a
cvs_sf co -r rel-1-0-patches build
This will check out the 1.0 branch. Whatever CVS command you execute in
there, will be in the 1.0 branch.
You have to change the file in both 1.0 and 1.1, we don't use any
merging features (I don't trust them).
In you case you don't need to download any sources or compile it, since
it's "just" the firewall script.
But when you have to do it, just copy over the src directory and run a
./update_src to make sure the differences are taken care off.
You *do not* want to run compiles inside the same lfssystem for 1.0
*and* 1.1. Keep it separated !
cya
Heiko
|