Bruce Smith wrote:
>>>I need to replace a squid proxy server at work, and thought I'd try
>>>running it under DL. After a little testing, squid runs fine, but I
>>>need an authorization module that is not compiled.
>>>
>>>Do you care if I enable all the basic authorization modules in the
>>>./configure statement in the squid build script in the 1.0 tree (all it
>>>does is add a few more binaries in /usr/bin)? Or is it too frozen?
>>>
>>>
>>You're allowed to fix bugs only !
>>
>>But when Squid is not installed completely (missing modules), it's a bug,
>>isn't it? ;-)
>>
>>
>
>What if one of the missing modules needs a program not in DL? :-)
>(module yp_auth needs ypbind)
>
>
Do it for 1.11, I don't want to risk/delay the 1.0.
There's no problem for you to use a CVS version at the company.
cya
Heiko
|