> > Three weeks from today, I'm giving a presentation on DL to my local
> > Linux Users Group. http://kalamazoolinux.org/
>
> Cool !
If YOU want to give a talk sometime, I'll ask the LUG officers about
picking up your expenses. I'm being serious. (for a change :)
Last month we purchased a round trip plane ticket from Boston to fly in
a Ximian developer, who gave us a very good presentation! Just this
summer we've had three big names come in from out of town to present to
our group (Ximian, SuSE, and IBM). With more coming soon (Novell).
> > My main objective is to convince some of the floppyfw/ipcop/... users in
> > the audience to try DL. My plan is to show how easy it is to setup a
> > basic DL firewall with minimal hardware and the new setup script.
>
> We should finish some functionality by then (e.g. USB boot), to impress
> them even more.
I'll have to see if I have any hardware that supports USB booting.
Any idea if I boot from USB in VMware-4 (for the demo)?
> > Another good selling point is the vast range of software included in the
> > distribution. Is there a list somewhere of the included packages in the
> > new release? Something like http://www.devil-linux.org/introduction.htm
> > would be great! Has it been written yet?
>
> Nothing so far.
> I was thinking if it would make sence, to export the descriptions from
> "make menuconfig". Most of the needed information is included, we could
> also add this file to CD *and* our website.
I'd prefer a one line per software summary like we have now.
Some of the help files are too verbose for this (IMO).
Plus, we might miss some software that is not selectable in menuconfig.
Maybe we should start with a "ls -1 src/", and add a little description
to each line? (and delete the base/extra stuff)
> You mentioned a good point, we should start creating the updated
> website.
Yes.
> We could think about including it in the documentation, it
> would be easy to include the file I mentioned before.
Yes, whatever file we come up with should be included there.
> > Any other suggestions of what to demonstrate would be appreciated.
>
> I'll try to think about it, we could think about a phone conference or
> chat this evening.
I can't tonight (LUG meeting), but I'm free the rest of this week
(I think).
- BS
|