I moved this thread to the Developer list.
On 07/22/2003 09:46:48 AM Bruce Smith wrote:
>> > I did a little looking around (grep'ing scripts :) and I don't see=
>where
>> > we copy it to CD in any of our scripts. That leads me to believe =
it
>> > gets copied to CD as part of the package's "make install" command.=
>> > (if I had a clue what package it is part of, I could check to be
>sure)
>> >
>> > If so, then I can blame the fact it moved on the authors of grep,
>and we
>> > had no idea it moved when we upgraded to the latest version.
>>
>> You find those file in build/sysconfig/config/copy_base.lst .
>
>Assuming you really meant: build/scripts/config/copy_base.lst
>(thanks to the "find" command :)
minor details.... ;-)
>It has the line:
>/bin/grep $RAMDISKDIR/bin
>So I guess grep moved in the lfssystem.
>
>Shall we change all the "$RAMDISKDIR" to "$CDDIR" in that file?
Update from CVS, I did already a few changes yesterday night.
>And what about all the other packages? Shall we move them to CD?
Yeah go ahead and do it.
Just don't remove anything from "make menuconfig", I don't want to loos=
e
any flexibility in the build process.
>I booted my new DL CD last night, with all of the daemons I run on CD
>(ntpd, dhcpd, noip, cipe, syslog-ng). It runs fine. No CD access aft=
er
>boot, even when a new CIPE client starts (using dhcpd, cipe & syslog).=
cooool. :-))
I started yesterday modifying the boot process, so we use the CD as / .=
cya
Heiko
P.S. When Friedl comes back from vacation, he'll get a big shock. ;-)
=
|