> >Why is it when I just "cvs_sf commit" OR I commit named file(s) plus
> >the CHANGES file, it never commits CHANGES? I even update CHANGES right
> >before I edit it to make sure I have the latest version downloaded.
> >
> >I always have to commit CHANGES all by itself, or it won't go. WHY?
> >No other file seems to have this problem. Annoying ...
>
> I don't have that problem.
> It can be, that when 2 people modified CHANGES and the other one checked it
> in first. But CVS is then telling you that there's a conflict and that you
> have to resolve it.
No, that's not it. I've had conflicts before and that's different.
And I've specifically checked more than once.
It always does it for me. When it puts me in the editor for comments,
it lists the file CHANGES commented out with the other changed files,
but it will not upload it with the others, it's always skipped.
Very strange. BTW, that's why the file CHANGES doesn't have comments
attached to the CVS entry when I upload it. I'm to lazy to type them in
twice! :-) (I know, I should specify comments on the command line)
- BS
|