|
From: Heiko Z. <hz...@pr...> - 2003-07-17 18:44:52
|
I already did a few of those, but go ahead and do the rest Heiko On 07/17/2003 02:00:07 PM Bruce Smith wrote: >I took a quick look though the optional packages for interactive >commands and came up with the following list. I'm thinking these shou= ld >just install to $CDDIR all the time and not be optional any longer. > >Any additions/subtractions form this list? > >Anyone else working on moving any of them to $CDDIR? > >Anyone object if I move them? > >diffutils >ethtool >gnupg >isc_bind_utils >joe >lftp >lvm >lynx >mc >mtools >nail >mysql_client >openldap_client >passwdgen >pciutils >postgresql_client >raidtools >rcs >rpm >sysstat >tcpdump >usbutils >wget > > > > >------------------------------------------------------- >This SF.net email is sponsored by: VM Ware >With VMware you can run multiple operating systems on a single machine= . >WITHOUT REBOOTING! Mix Linux / Windows / Novell virtual machines at th= e >same time. Free trial click here: http://www.vmware.com/wl/offer/345/0= >_______________________________________________ >Devil-linux-develop mailing list >Dev...@li... >https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/devil-linux-develop = |
|
From: Heiko Z. <hz...@pr...> - 2003-07-17 20:48:35
|
On 07/17/2003 04:37:35 PM Bruce Smith wrote: >> I already did a few of those, > >No you didn't! Not as far as I could tell anyway. :-) Yeah sure..... >> but go ahead and do the rest > >I did them ALL! Don't try to take credit for my work! ;-) >(however, you can take credit for my mistakes if you like ;) I'm almost certain that I did a few of those, I think you're just takin= g credit for my work.... ;-) OK, I could be wrong, but that almost never happens. ;-) >These are on CD and no longer optionally compiled >(since they are small): > >> >diffutils >> >ethtool >> >gnupg >> >joe >> >lftp >> >lvm >> >lynx >> >mc >> >mtools >> >nail >> >passwdgen >> >pciutils >> >raidtools >> >rcs >> >rpm >> >sysstat >> >tcpdump >> >usbutils >> >wget > >These now are on CD and still optionally compiled, >because they are big: >(I can remove the optional part if you like) Leave 'em optional >> >postgresql_client >> >mysql_client >> >openldap_client > >Bind (overall) is still optional, only utils were moved to CD. >Wasn't sure if I should move the daemon or not, so I didn't. > >> >isc_bind_utils Leave that for the meantime as it is. Shoot, I need some time to work on the chroot jail stuff. I'm pretty certain that this is broken now. cya Heiko = |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-07-17 20:58:23
|
> >> I already did a few of those, > > > >No you didn't! Not as far as I could tell anyway. :-) > > Yeah sure..... > > >> but go ahead and do the rest > > > >I did them ALL! Don't try to take credit for my work! ;-) > >(however, you can take credit for my mistakes if you like ;) > > I'm almost certain that I did a few of those, I think you're just taking > credit for my work.... ;-) > OK, I could be wrong, but that almost never happens. ;-) CVS doesn't lie! :-) But it is very slow updating the web interface after I commit stuff. :-( > Shoot, I need some time to work on the chroot jail stuff. I'm pretty > certain that this is broken now. Hope I didn't break it. (blame me if you want, I can take it :) - BS |
|
From: Diego T. <dt...@co...> - 2003-08-26 21:57:17
|
At last, the sf stuff have configured a whitelist, to i'm now able to post to all the sf mailing lists. So i'm here again, wishing to help in the development of dl :) -- rapid2k1 -- gnupg keyfingerprint -- 48AF 5BF9 8F54 2966 64CC 2327 7CD0 DD91 B09D 5799 -- Use of a keyboard or mouse may be linked to serious injuries or disorders. Diego Torres - dt...@co... - Madrid / España |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2003-08-27 00:20:36
|
Diego Torres wrote: > > At last, the sf stuff have configured a whitelist, to i'm now able to post to all the sf mailing lists. > > So i'm here again, wishing to help in the development of dl :) WOOHOOO Welcome back ! cya Heiko |
|
From: Heiko Z. <hz...@pr...> - 2003-07-18 12:09:42
|
On 07/17/2003 04:58:10 PM Bruce Smith wrote: >> >> I already did a few of those, >> > >> >No you didn't! Not as far as I could tell anyway. :-) >> >> Yeah sure..... >> >> >> but go ahead and do the rest >> > >> >I did them ALL! Don't try to take credit for my work! ;-) >> >(however, you can take credit for my mistakes if you like ;) >> >> I'm almost certain that I did a few of those, I think you're just >taking >> credit for my work.... ;-) >> OK, I could be wrong, but that almost never happens. ;-) > >CVS doesn't lie! :-) > >But it is very slow updating the web interface after I commit stuff. := -( > >> Shoot, I need some time to work on the chroot jail stuff. I'm pretty= >> certain that this is broken now. > >Hope I didn't break it. (blame me if you want, I can take it :) It's all your fault! Chroot Jail doesn't work, it's cloudy here, I'm hungry, still 8 hours left to work.. all your fault !!! Actually I did the first changes with binaries/libs on CD, so I broke i= t. ; -) As a background: The jail script copies the libraries which are needed into the chroot j= ail. Right now those libraries are nothing else then symlinks to /cdrom, whi= ch of course are not available within the chroot jail. That means the script needs some more intelligence. Oh that's good, I probably can do another change. I want to move the mountpoint for our media from /cdrom to /var/adm/something . cya Heiko = |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-07-19 22:26:39
|
> >> Shoot, I need some time to work on the chroot jail stuff. I'm pretty > >> certain that this is broken now. > > > >Hope I didn't break it. (blame me if you want, I can take it :) > > It's all your fault! Chroot Jail doesn't work, it's cloudy here, I'm > hungry, still 8 hours left to work.. all your fault !!! Darn, I knew it! (imagine my pitiful, shameful, forlorn expression ;-) > Actually I did the first changes with binaries/libs on CD, so I broke it. ;-) > As a background: > The jail script copies the libraries which are needed into the chroot jail. > Right now those libraries are nothing else then symlinks to /cdrom, which > of course are not available within the chroot jail. > That means the script needs some more intelligence. > Oh that's good, I probably can do another change. I want to move the > mountpoint for our media from /cdrom to /var/adm/something . What all programs are run in the chroot jail? Are they all broken now? - BS |
|
From: Heiko Z. <hz...@pr...> - 2003-07-21 12:12:04
|
On 07/19/2003 06:26:26 PM Bruce Smith wrote: >> Actually I did the first changes with binaries/libs on CD, so I brok= e >it. ;-) >> As a background: >> The jail script copies the libraries which are needed into the chroo= t >jail. >> Right now those libraries are nothing else then symlinks to /cdrom, >which >> of course are not available within the chroot jail. >> That means the script needs some more intelligence. >> Oh that's good, I probably can do another change. I want to move the= >> mountpoint for our media from /cdrom to /var/adm/something . > >What all programs are run in the chroot jail? Everything which has a config file in /etc/sysconfig/jail. >Are they all broken now? Yes, because the script (share by all programs) which creates the jail can't handle the symlinks yet. Heiko = |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-07-21 12:58:27
|
> >What all programs are run in the chroot jail? > > Everything which has a config file in /etc/sysconfig/jail. > > >Are they all broken now? > > Yes, because the script (share by all programs) which creates the jail > can't handle the symlinks yet. I see this file exists: /etc/sysconfig/jail/POSTFIX Is that causing the postfix problems the guy on the DL discuss mailing list is having? - BS |
|
From: Heiko Z. <hz...@pr...> - 2003-07-21 13:07:12
|
On 07/21/2003 08:58:14 AM Bruce Smith wrote: >> >What all programs are run in the chroot jail? >> >> Everything which has a config file in /etc/sysconfig/jail. >> >> >Are they all broken now? >> >> Yes, because the script (share by all programs) which creates the ja= il >> can't handle the symlinks yet. > >I see this file exists: /etc/sysconfig/jail/POSTFIX > >Is that causing the postfix problems the guy on the DL discuss mailing= >list is having? No, there's a file missing ( cmp ) . I have to add it to the jail confi= g for postfix. On the otherhand, it currently won't be able to copy the (symlinked) fi= le. Heiko = |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-07-17 20:37:48
|
> I already did a few of those, No you didn't! Not as far as I could tell anyway. :-) > but go ahead and do the rest I did them ALL! Don't try to take credit for my work! ;-) (however, you can take credit for my mistakes if you like ;) These are on CD and no longer optionally compiled (since they are small): > >diffutils > >ethtool > >gnupg > >joe > >lftp > >lvm > >lynx > >mc > >mtools > >nail > >passwdgen > >pciutils > >raidtools > >rcs > >rpm > >sysstat > >tcpdump > >usbutils > >wget These now are on CD and still optionally compiled, because they are big: (I can remove the optional part if you like) > >postgresql_client > >mysql_client > >openldap_client Bind (overall) is still optional, only utils were moved to CD. Wasn't sure if I should move the daemon or not, so I didn't. > >isc_bind_utils |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@re...> - 2003-07-17 20:50:52
|
> > >lvm Correction, I left LVM as optional because it installs a kernel patch. - BS |