On 07/17/2003 09:48:17 AM Bruce Smith wrote:
>> I keep on looking at this, every couple of month:
>http://bootsplash.org/
>>
>> Don't you think it would be cool?
>
>Yes. It looks very cool. Does the graphic go away after boot?
>I don't think I'd want tux staring at me all the time I'm doing
>stuff on the console. :-)
It looks that way, we would only use it during the boot process.
>> I also started to investigate what the best (and safest and
>flexiblest) way
>> would be to run a higher textmode resolution.
>
>I often thought that would be nice too.
>
>Is there some way to change the resolution with a command after the
>system has booted? (the safest way, if it's possible)
>
I don't know much about this yet. What would like is that you specify w=
hat
you want in /etc/sysconfig/config and we set it during the boot process=
for
all consoles.
cya
Heiko
=
|