> > I noticed I was getting "(none)" as my hostname on my latest ISO.
> > The links in /etc/init.d/rc?.d/* are mostly empty, except for two.
> > Here is a partial "tar tvjf /cdrom/config/etc.tar.bz2" :
>
> I'm sorry to say this, but my build looks very good here.
> I didn't see any problems.
>
> I would suggest that you throw everything (except the /src directory)
> away and start from scratch.
OK, I started from scratch, except for the src directory. I even
downloaded all the cvs stuff fresh, and I started a fresh compile last
night before going to bed. This morning, I still have the problem.
The fact remains that I found a bug in the firewall script yesterday
that is causing this problem. I think it is some combination of options
that I'm selecting different than yours, causing the problem to appear
on mine and not yours. (I did change a couple things in your .config)
Maybe you should start fresh because you're NOT seeing the problem? :-)
>From what I learned about insserv there is definitely a big in our
script. And no, I can't answer why it hasn't happened until now.
My fix is committed to the firewall script. (as in previous email).
Now maybe I can quit spinning my wheels on this issue and do some real
DL development! :-)
- BS
|