After making a new ISO image, and booting immediately in VMware, I get a
ton of warnings from tar that files are dated in the future.
I have my timezone set correctly on my local machine, AND in my LFS, AND
in the DL config. (and all have the same time set on the PC, since they
are all running on the same PC :)
I'm _guessing_ this is because the DL boot process sets the timezone
AFTER it untars everything.
Would it be a good idea to set the timezone sooner during the boot?
It's no big deal, but would make it easier to watch for error messages
during the boot if there weren't tons of warnings about future dated
files.
It would be hard to set the timezone correctly before untar'ing /etc and
finding out what the timezone should be set to. Maybe we should set it
to the largest value available at the start of the boot script, and let
the normal boot process continue to set the time zone correctly, exactly
in the same place where it sets timezone now?
- BS
|