|
From: Heiko Z. <hz...@pr...> - 2003-06-17 15:32:57
|
On 06/17/2003 11:21:56 AM Bruce Smith wrote: >> the updates for Kernel 2.4.21, are in CVS and on the FTP Server. > >Cool! After updating src & CVS, and running a "make mrproper", >I was watching a "make unpack" roll by, and I'm wondering why >there are two different versions of lilo source? That should not be... Can you delete the older one, I can't get into the FTP server right now= . Thanks ! cya Heiko = |
|
From: Heiko Z. <hz...@pr...> - 2003-06-17 17:20:30
|
On 06/17/2003 01:14:40 PM Bruce Smith wrote: >> the updates for Kernel 2.4.21, are in CVS and on the FTP Server. > >Hum, got this error twice: >FATAL: kernel too old >make[3]: *** [/data/build/tmp/glibc-build/sunrpc/xbootparam_prot.stmp]= >Error 1 >make[3]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/glibc-2.3.2/sunrpc' >make[2]: *** [sunrpc/others] Error 2 >make[2]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/glibc-2.3.2' >make[1]: *** [all] Error 2 >make[1]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/glibc-build' >ERROR >/data/build/scripts/glibc build failed >make: *** [build] Error 1 >root:/data/build# Which Kernel do you use on the Host OS ? Heiko P.S. Just started a fresh compile on another computer, should have some= more results in an hour or so. = |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-06-17 17:24:52
|
> >Hum, got this error twice: > >FATAL: kernel too old > >make[3]: *** [/data/build/tmp/glibc-build/sunrpc/xbootparam_prot.stmp] > >Error 1 > >make[3]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/glibc-2.3.2/sunrpc' > >make[2]: *** [sunrpc/others] Error 2 > >make[2]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/glibc-2.3.2' > >make[1]: *** [all] Error 2 > >make[1]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/glibc-build' > >ERROR > >/data/build/scripts/glibc build failed > >make: *** [build] Error 1 > >root:/data/build# > > Which Kernel do you use on the Host OS ? 2.4.20-18.9 (the latest kernel update for Redhat 9) > P.S. Just started a fresh compile on another computer, should have some > more results in an hour or so. OK. I really don't want to have to run a non-Redhat kernel on my devel host. - BS |
|
From: Heiko Z. <hz...@pr...> - 2003-06-17 18:31:44
|
On 06/17/2003 01:24:40 PM Bruce Smith wrote: >> >Hum, got this error twice: >> >FATAL: kernel too old >> >make[3]: *** >[/data/build/tmp/glibc-build/sunrpc/xbootparam_prot.stmp] >> >Error 1 >> >make[3]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/glibc-2.3.2/sunrpc' >> >make[2]: *** [sunrpc/others] Error 2 >> >make[2]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/glibc-2.3.2' >> >make[1]: *** [all] Error 2 >> >make[1]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/glibc-build' >> >ERROR >> >/data/build/scripts/glibc build failed >> >make: *** [build] Error 1 >> >root:/data/build# >> >> Which Kernel do you use on the Host OS ? > >2.4.20-18.9 (the latest kernel update for Redhat 9) > I have 2.4.20-vanilla on my Notebook and it doesn't work there either. I'll checked in a workaround, this should work . Heiko = |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-06-17 18:42:10
|
> I have 2.4.20-vanilla on my Notebook and it doesn't work there either. > I'll checked in a workaround, this should work . Yes, that should work. I made the exact same change over an hour ago, and the compile is past the point where it aborted. :-) I wonder if that'll cause problems if the host system has a NEWER kernel than the DL build? - BS |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-06-17 18:47:02
|
> > I have 2.4.20-vanilla on my Notebook I used to run that version, but I prefer: 2.4.20-butter-pecan (sorry, it's one of those days ... ;-) - BS |
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2003-06-17 18:45:02
|
Bruce Smith wrote: >>I have 2.4.20-vanilla on my Notebook and it doesn't work there either. >>I'll checked in a workaround, this should work . > > > Yes, that should work. I made the exact same change over an hour ago, > and the compile is past the point where it aborted. :-) > > I wonder if that'll cause problems if the host system has a NEWER kernel > than the DL build? Also a host system kernel that is too old break the glibc build. glibc build is somehow checking the running kernel, I guess. -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock ____________________________________________________________________ Friedrich Lobenstock Linux Services Lobenstock URL: http://www.lsl.at/ Email: fl...@fl... ____________________________________________________________________ |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-06-17 18:50:50
|
> > I wonder if that'll cause problems if the host system has a NEWER kernel
> > than the DL build?
>
> Also a host system kernel that is too old break the glibc build.
> glibc build is somehow checking the running kernel, I guess.
Very possible. FWIW, the help in ./configure for that option says:
--enable-kernel=VERSION compile for compatibility with kernel not
older than VERSION
- BS
|
|
From: Heiko Z. <hz...@pr...> - 2003-06-17 18:50:36
|
On 06/17/2003 02:41:58 PM Bruce Smith wrote: >> I have 2.4.20-vanilla on my Notebook and it doesn't work there eithe= r. >> I'll checked in a workaround, this should work . > >Yes, that should work. I made the exact same change over an hour ago,= >and the compile is past the point where it aborted. :-) > >I wonder if that'll cause problems if the host system has a NEWER kern= el >than the DL build? That should usually not happen (that it's newer), but when it does you = most likely will have a problem. Heiko = |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-06-17 15:50:22
|
> >After updating src & CVS, and running a "make mrproper", > >I was watching a "make unpack" roll by, and I'm wondering why > >there are two different versions of lilo source? > > That should not be... > Can you delete the older one, I can't get into the FTP server right now. It's gone: /pub/devel/sources/0.6 > dir lilo* -rw-r--r-- 1 1012 devillinux 373561 Mar 11 02:52 lilo-22.4.1.tar.gz -rw-r--r-- 1 1012 devillinux 393837 Jun 2 14:57 lilo-22.5.4.tar.gz /pub/devel/sources/0.6 > rm lilo-22.4.1.tar.gz /pub/devel/sources/0.6 > dir lilo* -rw-r--r-- 1 1012 devillinux 393837 Jun 2 14:57 lilo-22.5.4.tar.gz - BS |