|
From: Heiko Z. <hz...@pr...> - 2003-05-05 12:55:54
|
On 05/05/2003 08:42:33 AM Bruce Smith wrote: >> >> OK, I think I have the install working for CIPE now. >> >> >> >> I suppose you'd like me to actually burn a CDR and try CIPE >> >> before I send you the updates for CVS? ;-) >> > >> >Would be good. But actually you could submit your stuff right >> >now to Heiko and me because you'll be the only one using this >> >stuff and we can always integrate patches later. >> >> agreed > >How much time to I have to get the stuff to you, so you can include >them in any upcoming public releases of DL 0.6[beta/pre/RC/...]? > >I'd like to do a little testing first, but haven't had time yet. >Hopefully this evening ... I'm actually waiting only for the /etc/sysconfig changes Friedl wanted = to do. After that I will push out the official Beta1, to see how stable we are= . Since it will "only" be a Beta, you can send me your stuff, let's say i= n a week. I wont' have time before that anyway. Regards Heiko = |
|
From: Heiko Z. <hz...@pr...> - 2003-05-12 20:49:20
|
On 05/12/2003 04:33:37 PM Bruce Smith wrote: >> > Assuming it works this time, what email address do I send my >changes to? >> > And how would you like me to package my changes? >> >> To Heiko and me. If you just added new stuff without changing anythi= ng >> existing then create a tar archive with all this stuff. Run for >example >> cd lfssystem/data >> tar -cvjf cipe.tar.bz2 build/src/cipe...tar.gz build/scripts/cipe= >....... > >cd /data/build >tar -cvjf cipe.tar.bz2 `find . -name *cipe* | grep -v /tmp/` > >Which includes the files I "touch'ed": > > ./scripts/build/880cipe > ./scripts/install/880cipe > >And the rest: > > ./scripts/configuration/help/cipe.help > ./scripts/configuration/cipe.config > ./scripts/cipe > ./scripts/scripts/cipe > ./src/cipe-1.5.4.tar.gz > >Does that look like the correct files? Looks good to me. >> Please let each script start with >> >> #!/bin/bash >> # $Source$ >> # $Revision$ >> # $Date$ >> # >> # http://www.devil-linux.org > > >_Exactly_ like that? I see the other scripts have actual dates and >versions in the start of the script. Are those values inserted by CVS= ? CVS will expand this scripts once we check the files in. Don't forgett to write you name in the files, so other see that you're = the author. cya Heiko = |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-05-12 00:35:25
|
> >> >> OK, I think I have the install working for CIPE now. > >> >> > >> >> I suppose you'd like me to actually burn a CDR and try CIPE > >> >> before I send you the updates for CVS? ;-) > >> > > >> >Would be good. But actually you could submit your stuff right > >> >now to Heiko and me because you'll be the only one using this > >> >stuff and we can always integrate patches later. > >> > >> agreed > > > >How much time to I have to get the stuff to you, so you can include > >them in any upcoming public releases of DL 0.6[beta/pre/RC/...]? > > > >I'd like to do a little testing first, but haven't had time yet. > >Hopefully this evening ... > > I'm actually waiting only for the /etc/sysconfig changes Friedl wanted to > do. > After that I will push out the official Beta1, to see how stable we are. > > Since it will "only" be a Beta, you can send me your stuff, let's say in a > week. I wont' have time before that anyway. Had to leave town unexpectedly for a few days, but I'm back now ... Anyway, I make an ISO and am running it on a test PC. The CIPE binary installs when I flag it in the /etc/sysconfig/software file, the module is in the correct location and loads if I modprobe it manually, my sample /etc/cipe/* files exist, but I think I'm missing something. When I tell CIPE to start in /etc/sysconfig/config, it doesn't, and my init script doesn't seem to be anywhere on the CD. It certainly does not exist in /etc/init.d/ and I can't "find" it. I created the script: scripts/scripts/cipe on the build system. Do I need to do something else to have it load on the CD somewhere? Thanks, Bruce. |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-05-12 00:50:03
|
> I created the script: scripts/scripts/cipe on the build system. > Do I need to do something else to have it load on the CD somewhere? NEVER MIND. I figured it out, sorry! :-) Assuming it works this time, what email address do I send my changes to? And how would you like me to package my changes? -- Thanks, Bruce. |
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2003-05-12 07:55:02
|
Bruce Smith wrote: > Assuming it works this time, what email address do I send my changes to? > And how would you like me to package my changes? To Heiko and me. If you just added new stuff without changing anything existing then create a tar archive with all this stuff. Run for example cd lfssystem/data tar -cvjf cipe.tar.bz2 build/src/cipe...tar.gz build/scripts/cipe ....... Otherwise you'd have to use "diff -u build/originalfile build/newfile" and send us the output. As I'm quite short of time till friday possibly Heiko will do the adding. Please let each script start with #!/bin/bash # $Source$ # $Revision$ # $Date$ # # http://www.devil-linux.org This way we just need to check in your stuff, otherwise we had to edit it before. -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock ____________________________________________________________________ Friedrich Lobenstock Linux Services Lobenstock URL: http://www.lsl.at/ Email: fl...@fl... ____________________________________________________________________ |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-05-12 20:33:50
|
> > Assuming it works this time, what email address do I send my changes to? > > And how would you like me to package my changes? > > To Heiko and me. If you just added new stuff without changing anything > existing then create a tar archive with all this stuff. Run for example > cd lfssystem/data > tar -cvjf cipe.tar.bz2 build/src/cipe...tar.gz build/scripts/cipe ....... cd /data/build tar -cvjf cipe.tar.bz2 `find . -name *cipe* | grep -v /tmp/` Which includes the files I "touch'ed": ./scripts/build/880cipe ./scripts/install/880cipe And the rest: ./scripts/configuration/help/cipe.help ./scripts/configuration/cipe.config ./scripts/cipe ./scripts/scripts/cipe ./src/cipe-1.5.4.tar.gz Does that look like the correct files? > Please let each script start with > > #!/bin/bash > # $Source$ > # $Revision$ > # $Date$ > # > # http://www.devil-linux.org _Exactly_ like that? I see the other scripts have actual dates and versions in the start of the script. Are those values inserted by CVS? -- Thanks, Bruce. |
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2003-05-12 23:39:33
|
Bruce Smith wrote: > Which includes the files I "touch'ed": > > ./scripts/build/880cipe > ./scripts/install/880cipe > > And the rest: > > ./scripts/configuration/help/cipe.help > ./scripts/configuration/cipe.config > ./scripts/cipe > ./scripts/scripts/cipe > ./src/cipe-1.5.4.tar.gz > > Does that look like the correct files? Perfect! >>Please let each script start with >> >>#!/bin/bash >># $Source$ >># $Revision$ >># $Date$ >># >># http://www.devil-linux.org > > > > _Exactly_ like that? I see the other scripts have actual dates and > versions in the start of the script. Are those values inserted by CVS? Those are variables that get replaced by CVS. If you want to know more about those variables I refer you to http://www.cvshome.org/docs/manual/cvs_12.html#SEC98 -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock ____________________________________________________________________ Friedrich Lobenstock Linux Services Lobenstock URL: http://www.lsl.at/ Email: fl...@fl... ____________________________________________________________________ |