Bruce Smith wrote:
> I'm getting farther, although I changed my tactics somewhat.
> (You may recall, I'm the person who wants to add CIPE to DL.)
>
> And I _really_ want CIPE working NOW on my personal firewall, so I
> downloaded the 0.5 lfssystem and source code with the plan of adding
> CIPE there for my own use, and then moving it 0.6.
>
> I'm hoping that once I get it added to 0.5, it'll be easy to copy over
> my changes to 0.6. Is that correct?
As Friedl wrote in the other Email, please use the 0.6 release because
it's much more advanced.
> Anyway, I'm to the point on 0.5 where I selected everything in
> "make menuconfig", and a "make build" completed without error.
When you got that far with 0.5 , you should be able to get that far on
0.6, too.
> Seeing that a build of the base system works, I'm now going to add CIPE,
> and I might as well do it correctly. That brings up some questions:
The first package is always confusing, but once you understand the
basics, then it's really a piece of cake.
> Would you like me to make CIPE optional on menuconfig?
Yes please
CIPE isn't not something everybody needs, so we need to give the users a
choice.
> And would you like me to make it optional to load in "$SOFTWAREFILE"?
Same as with menuconfig.
> CIPE is rather small, consisting of one 145K daemon/binary, one 26K
> kernel module, and a tiny config file. I'm not sure it's worth making
> it optional, but that's your call.
The problem is it adds up, here 145k, there 145k....
--
Regards
Heiko
We are Penguin, resistance is futile!
http://www.devil-linux.org
|