Hi all -- I have a be all to end all for these admin problems.
One of the developers creates a frozen image of the LFS directory (in tar.bz2)
and everybody downloads it with a wget shell module (that later appears in the
etc.tar.gz download for non-security DL installs)
I have more ideas on this... ;) Like -- DL website allows to you customize your
etc.tar.gz ~thru~ a CGI page on the website -- with code hacked from the webmin
package. True sales boost ;) but doesn't pollute the final product with
look+feel enhancements
Oh h*, I cant wait, gunna do it myself..
John
--- Heiko Zuerker <he...@zu...> wrote:
> ferris bueller wrote:
> > The new tar file for "LFS build system" seems to be incomplete.
> > I cannot "tar -xjf lfssystem-cvs-20030127-i486-stripped.tar.bz2
> > ".
> >
> > # tar -xjf lfssystem-cvs-20030127-i486-stripped.tar.bz2
> >
> > bzip2: Compressed file ends unexpectedly;
> > perhaps it is corrupted? *Possible* reason follows.
> > bzip2: Inappropriate ioctl for device
> > Input file = (stdin), output file = (stdout)
>
> When did you download the file? I had to upload it a second time,
> because the first one had a similar problem.
> Can you just download it again and report if it is ok or not?
>
> --
>
> Regards
> Heiko
>
> We are Penguin, resistance is futile!
>
> http://www.devil-linux.org
>
>
>
> -------------------------------------------------------
> This SF.NET email is sponsored by:
> SourceForge Enterprise Edition + IBM + LinuxWorld = Something 2 See!
> http://www.vasoftware.com
> _______________________________________________
> Devil-linux-develop mailing list
> Dev...@li...
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/devil-linux-develop
=====
CXN, Inc. Contact: jo...@th...
President, The Linux Society
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/linux-society
linux society distro -> http://www.thinman.com/eLSD/readme
ThinMan is a registered trademark of CXN, Inc
__________________________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now.
http://mailplus.yahoo.com
|