Update of /cvsroot/devil-linux/build/scripts/configuration/help
In directory sc8-pr-cvs12.sourceforge.net:/tmp/cvs-serv6713/scripts/configuration/help
nagios-plugin still needs work, since it hardcodes path names and didn't
--- NEW FILE: nagios.help ---
Nagios is a system and network monitoring application. It watches
hosts and services that you specify, alerting you when things go
bad and when they get better.
Nagios was originally designed to run under Linux, although it
should work under most other unices as well.
Some of the many features of Nagios include:
- Monitoring of network services (SMTP, POP3, HTTP, NNTP, PING, etc.)
- Monitoring of host resources (processor load, disk usage, etc.)
- Simple plugin design that allows users to easily develop their
own service checks
- Parallelized service checks
- Ability to define network host hierarchy using "parent" hosts,
allowing detection of and distinction between hosts that are down
and those that are unreachable
- Contact notifications when service or host problems occur and get
resolved (via email, pager, or user-defined method)
- Ability to define event handlers to be run during service or host
events for proactive problem resolution
- Automatic log file rotation
- Support for implementing redundant monitoring hosts
- Optional web interface for viewing current network status,
notification and problem history, log file, etc.
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.