Menu

Are you guys still interested in DevPascal

2005-10-08
2012-09-26
  • Prof Abimbola Olowofoyeku

I have been maintaining a version of DevPascal (mainly for use with GNU Pascal for Mingw) since v1.92 (a few years back). Is anybody else doing any work with it?

Can I point out by the way, that I have stuck with Delphi 4.0 for developing DevPascal? It will of course compile under later Delphi versions. But none of the later versions adds anything to the development effort.

The Chief.

• S. Thomas Bradley

I only use it, I don't know Delphi so I can't develop it. And on the rare occassion someone posts a question on the Dev-Cpp forum about Dev-Pascal I try to answer them.

Early this year Colin discussed setting up a new web site for Dev-Cpp. I asked him about Dev-Pascal, he didn't seem like he was going to continue Dev-Pascal. I'm not too sure if I was able to convince him to do so.

I am glad to see that there is still interest in it. I know of a number of bugs in it, but since it didn't seem that anyone was developing it, I've never sent them in. If you'd like, I could outline them.

Thanks
      See Ya
      Butch

• Colin Laplace

Colin Laplace - 2005-10-12

Hello,

I am afraid I will not have the time to continue to improve Dev-Pascal. It has been already hard this year to continue to work on Dev-C++, because of various interesting jobs and other projects to work on. Thus, if somebody wants to continue the development of Dev-Pascal he will be more than welcome to do so. Let me know if you want to work on it, and i will take care of making the releases on the bloodshed.net website.

Greetings,
      Colin

• Galbi

Galbi - 2005-10-12

Im learning Pascal (self teaching, and very begginner) and I use Dev-pas as my favorite IDE, I think its great.
      I write this only as a feed back, its very resonable if you cant continue developing it. So THANKS for your time.

Greetings from Argentina (and sorry for my English)
      Galbi.

Like I said, I have been maintaining DevPascal since v1.9.2. The latest version that I have released is 1.9.4.4, which can be obtained here:
      http://gnu-pascal.de/contrib/chief/

My development version is 1.9.4.8. I am happy to keep developing it, since many people use it now with GNU Pascal. Feel free to send me bug reports. I have fixed a number of bugs over the years, and I may well have fixed some of the ones that you have found. Please note however, that I rarely test it nowadays with FreePascal, so I can only guarantee full compatibility with GNU Pascal.

The Chief