Menu

Welcome to Open Discussion

2000-04-12
2002-01-07
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Welcome to Open Discussion

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2001-12-31

Whoever is working on this project, I am also considering a project for C, linux and commercial raceways which will work just like SRT, GT Systems, Cesium or any of the others but won't require being in an exclusive DOS session like the others. In fact, it probably won't even run on anything M$ because W9x stuff likes to access hardware directly and NT uses a hardware abstract layer, I'm _NOT_ going to code both.

• stuart hall

stuart hall - 2002-01-07

Hey Bob,

I am the original programmer for the Linux slot car timing software.  Feel free to borrow anything you like.  There is actually very little that is C++ specific that you cannot lift into a C program.  The timing loop itself is very nicely written, if I do say so myself, using bitwise operations and relatively fast.  On my 386 I am still usually in the hundreths of a second accuracy.

It has been so long since I did this project for school I am not sure if I could help with your project anymore!

• stuart hall

stuart hall - 2002-01-07

p.s.  If you do decide to lift any code or ideas from my project, as per the GPL license, I would appreciate a little credit in the source code or better yet a web address in the source code.  Thanks!