WARNING: Can not execute post script: 1

Help
2009-07-01
2013-01-14
  • Eredicatorx

Eredicatorx - 2009-07-01

I am trying to create a postscript that changes my IP in the masquerade field of my proftpd.conf

When I run the script it works as it should. It takes the first argument and seds it into a mock proftpd.conf and then copies the file to the conf directory.
    I checked that the script is executable. I have tried to start it using the following arguments, like

ddclient -debug -syslog  -cache /home/erin/conf/ddclient/cache/ddclient.cache -postscript /home/erin/conf/bin/proftpd-update.sh

I also added the path to the postscript section in the perl file at line 585

[ "postscript",  "/home/erin/conf/bin/proftpd-update.sh",   "-postscript           : script to run after updating ddclient, has new IP as param" ],

Which of course did not work.

Finally I straced the program and still could not find anything usefull to tell me why the program was failing. If anyone can help I would apperciate it. The shell script below works well for what I need, others are welcome to try it out.

<script>
    #!/bin/bash -x
    IP=$1
    WORKDIR=/home/erin/conf/proftpd/
    PROFTPDHOME=/etc/proftpd/
    CACHEFILE=/var/cache/ddclient/ddclient.cache

#awk -F, '{ print $5}'  $CACHEFILE | sed "s#

cd $WORKDIR

sed "s#MasqueradeAddress MASKADD#MasqueradeAddress ${IP}#" proftpd.conf-working > proftpd.conf

cp proftpd.conf $PROFTPDHOME

/sbin/service proftpd restart

exit
    </script>

• wimpunk

wimpunk - 2009-07-01

If the script fails, you should get an error like "WARNING:  Can not execute post script: /home/erin/conf/bin/proftpd-update.sh"  Since it doesn't do that, I would suggest you to put the postscript parameter in the configuration file and don't add it to commandline.  I know for sure it should work with the latest release and with the postscript added in the config file.  I din't tried it as a parameter to the command line.

• Eredicatorx

Eredicatorx - 2009-07-02

Thanks that worked!
        I was using my old conf and had just upgraded the perl script.
        Thanks again.

E./