Menu

Hidden OS without authorization USB

Bugsy
2017-07-12
2017-07-12
  • Bugsy

Bugsy - 2017-07-12

Hi Alex et Al.,

Is it possible for DC5 / DCS to have hidden OS but without authorization USB?
    The idea is to be able just to have hidden OS or to be more eact just a second encrypted Windows OS.

Reading through disk_encryption_v1_2.pdf it goes through procedure of creation of USB but I'm not sure if it is obligatory or optional?

It is in context of: https://sourceforge.net/p/veracrypt/discussion/technical/thread/f90bcf05/
    I've had similar setup with MBR based system, in fact it was even Macbook Pro hardware (prior they removed support for legacy BIOS/MBR). It was like this with TrueCrypt: primary encrypted Win7, hidden encrypted Win7, Linux (luks), Mac OSX (File Vault).

All what I want to have something similar with UEFI based on normal Dell Precision laptop (UEFI/GPT) by default.

Thanks!

• Alex

Alex - 2017-07-13

It is possible. You can use any small partition to create keys.

EFI is more flexible. It is possible to boot any OS from boot selection or from loader. downloads page contains demo avi. Your configuration is possible.

DELL precision - good hardware. I used the same some time ago (M6500) but it does have EFI.