Menu

Why so quiet here :(

2008-01-09
2013-04-02
  • Pham Huy Anh

Pham Huy Anh - 2008-01-09

Hello everybody,

I am Java developer. And a fan of eclipse. The first time I meet her, I felt in love with her (she is DBedit plugin haha). I thought the current version 1.03 (April 10, 2005) is good enough. But I think it could be improved. So I join the DBedit in sourceForge and I saw that DBedit plugin development is almost forgetten for years.

I am wondering what happens to DBedit plugin. Something wrong?

Hope things would change!

P/S: @admin : I love to contribute to DBedit. But I am just a Java developer (a good one ;) ), not a rich man. All I can do is building App. So may I join the Dbedit dev team? If you like my offer, please contact me at phuyem@gmail.com

• Kyle Mallory

Kyle Mallory - 2008-03-06

The author has basically said that he has other priorities and is unable to maintain DbEdit any further.  It's a real shame, because it is still, IMO, one of the best database plugins for eclipse to ever exist.  Its just a shame that it doesn't reliably work with newer versions.

Pham, the source code for the project is available via CVS, I would encourage anyone to download the code and start making improvements.  If you post some patches back to the author, I suspect he would include them, or hand over maintenance to a competent developer so the project can live on.