Menu

Results and Recordset Types

2005-07-05
2013-04-02
  • Richard R. McKinley

First, thank you for this tool.  It is the nicest for Eclipse so far.

I have tested every database app written in Java and I cannot find one that can replace SQL Server's Query Analyzer(QA) because of one important feature.  When a query is executed, QA does not gather all results from the database ahead of time when the output is to grid.  Rather, it uses a scrollable record set and binds the scroll bar of the grid window to the record set.  I have tested the same thing with JDBC and it can work.

Can you add the feature to get rid of the dependency on returning 100 records or some other limited amount?  It would be better to use scrollable recordsets and bind it to the grid scroll bar.  If I hit page down a few times, employ a slight delay and then JDBC will automatically handle getting records 31 to 40 (assuming my grid is displaying 10 records) rather than 1 to 10.  The GUI activity can simply forward the record pointer to JDBC.

Thanks,

McKinley

• Uwe Voigt

Uwe Voigt - 2005-07-07

Hi Richard,
      the feature you seek for is available with DBEdit (please read the TableEditor documentation in the Eclipse integrated DBEdit User Guide).
      You simply have to press Ctrl+Alt+PageUp/Down to scroll within the result set.
      Uwe