Please Help

• Justin Black

Justin Black - 2013-09-05

I have created the Dban disc just fine. After getting everything installed and running this disc I get the following error

Error: Disks Not Found. DBAN could need a driver for this compter. Press and hold the power button to shutdown.

I am using a customized computer with parts from all over the place. If you need the specs / parts I am using please let me know. Thanks!

• Scott

Scott - 2013-09-05

I'm not expert so if problem not solved, hopefully someone else can offer some suggestions. I do what I can to help you. This doesn't sound like a DBAN issue since you created the CD ok. It sounds like the computer is not fully recogizing your CD drive and for that, you may need a driver - especially if your hard drive has been previously wiped. Find out the make/model of your cd drive and see if there is a driver for it that you can install outside of windows. A stand-alone install driver. I don't need the spec/parts of the CD drive, but you will need it to make sure you have installed the driver for it. That's my best guess. Good luck with it.