Process of Install to Monitor DB2 Unix

2009-07-02
2013-04-05
  • Nobody/Anonymous

I am new to the DB2 Unix environment, and I have looked through the documentation for installing Apache and PHP, but the doc outlines the install for Windows, do I install Apache and PHP on my Windows desktop and then configure tcp/ip over to DB2 Unix, so as I may monitor my DB2 Unix system...??  Please drop me a note.  Thanks.

Lyn Maberry
    LLMaberry@gfb.org

• Brian Olynyk

Brian Olynyk - 2009-07-06

Hi Lyn,

I've added a linux setup instructions document in our file release section.  That should help you out.

To answer your question more directly, you can install the TE on your windows desktop and then point it at your DB2 Unix installation, that will work.  But what you can also do is configure the TE on your Unix system and then just point a browser at it. 

Hope that helps,
      Brian

• Peter Prib

Peter Prib - 2009-07-06

I notice the linux instructions don't mention the problem I had with saving queries and saving connections.  There is a need to change the write privileges on the saved and connectionStore. 

By the way you don't need to install PECL and php5-pear if you add the db2 load path to apache setup script.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks