Ever wanted to get rid of Outlook ? DavMail is a POP/IMAP/SMTP/Caldav/Carddav/LDAP exchange
gateway allowing users to use any mail/calendar client (e.g. Thunderbird with Lightning or
Apple iCal) with an Exchange server, even from the internet or behind a firewall through
Outlook Web Access.
DavMail now includes an LDAP gateway to Exchange global address book and user personal
contacts to allow recipient address completion in mail compose window and full calendar
support with attendees free/busy display.
The main goal of DavMail is to provide standard compliant protocols in front of proprietary
Exchange. This means LDAP for global address book, SMTP to send messages, IMAP to browse
messages on the server in any folder, POP to retrieve inbox messages only, Caldav for
calendar support and Carddav for personal contacts sync.
Thus any standard compliant client can be used with Microsoft Exchange.
DavMail gateway is implemented in java and should run on any platform. Releases are tested
on Windows, Linux (Ubuntu) and Mac OSX. Tested successfully with the Iphone
(gateway running on a server).
Contains some enhancements on iOS 6 support, Debian package encoding issue fix
and partial Kerberos support (workstation mode) to provide transparent Exchange
- Kerberos: implement server side security context and token handling
- Kerberos: server side login module
- Improve Kerberos logging and implement command line callback
- Do not set preemptive authentication in Kerberos mode
- Enable Kerberos authentication scheme with davmail.enableKerberos setting
- Kerberos authentication implementation: SpNegoScheme to implement Negotiate authentication scheme, KerberosHelper to handle ticket access and KerberosLoginConfiguration to replace JAAS configuration file
- Fix accept certificate message
- Make davmail.sh executable in platform independent package
- Update desktop entry comment
- Update RPM spec file from build.opensuse.org (marcindulak)
- Add libswt-cairo-gtk-3-jni to debian package dependencies
- Clear cookies created by authentication test
- Upgrade jackrabbit-webdav and htmlcleaner in davmailconsole wrapper
- Upgrade jackrabbit-webdav to 2.4.3
- Upgrade htmlcleaner to 2.2
- Exclude Jsmooth, nsi, OSX and contribs (with binary) from source only package
- Prepare source only package
- Check file encoding in build file
- Refactor StringUtil and encode ~ in urlcompname
- IMAP: Implement custom IMAP flags to keywords mapping in settings
- Caldav: add iOS6 user agent
Log in to post a comment.