Ever wanted to get rid of Outlook ? DavMail is a POP/IMAP/SMTP/Caldav/Carddav/LDAP exchange
gateway allowing users to use any mail/calendar client (e.g. Thunderbird with Lightning or
Apple iCal) with an Exchange server, even from the internet or behind a firewall through
Outlook Web Access.
DavMail now includes an LDAP gateway to Exchange global address book and user personal
contacts to allow recipient address completion in mail compose window and full calendar
support with attendees free/busy display.
The main goal of DavMail is to provide standard compliant protocols in front of proprietary
Exchange. This means LDAP for global address book, SMTP to send messages, IMAP to browse
messages on the server in any folder, POP to retrieve inbox messages only, Caldav for
calendar support and Carddav for personal contacts sync.
Thus any standard compliant client can be used with Microsoft Exchange.
DavMail gateway is implemented in java and should run on any platform. Releases are tested
on Windows, Linux (Ubuntu) and Mac OSX. Tested successfully with the Iphone
(gateway running on a server).
Bugfix release with improved IMAP support, including IMAP flags mapping to Outlook categories,
enhanced IMAP noop/idle support, fixed emClient Caldav support and many Caldav and EWS fixes.
- Doc: update roadmap
- Doc: new FAQ entry, Exchange RSA two factor authentication form
- Caldav: do not try to load tasks MIME body
- Caldav: workaround for 3569922: quick fix for broken Israeli Timezone issue
- Caldav: remove urlencoding workaround for emClient >= 4
- Caldav: Ignore 401 unauthorized on public event, return 200
- Caldav: Rename TZID also in RECURRENCE-ID
- Caldav: force 403 forbidden instead of 401 on unauthorized update to public folder item
- Caldav: Fix 3569934 NullPointerException on broken PROPFIND request
- Caldav: Fix 3567364, regression on from/to/cc handling in calendar related to IMAP search enhancement. Separate mapping for message fields/headers
- IMAP: send updated flags on folder refresh
- IMAP: fix keyword handling to avoid sending \Seen as keyword
- IMAP: retrieve message count on folder
- IMAP: apply flag to keyword conversion in SEARCH, refresh folder before search
- IMAP: improve keyword support, map $label1 to 5 from Thunderbird to Outlook categories
- IMAP: fix keywords implementation, make it case insensitive, implement KEYWORD search
- IMAP: implement generic FLAGS mapping to Outlook categories
- IMAP: fix 3566412, range iterator is on folder messages, not messages returned from search
- EWS: Get primary smtp email address with ResolveNames in direct EWS mode
- Allow Java 7 to build DavMail
- Prepare message keywords/categories support
- Dav: implement multivalued property suppord in ExchangeDavMethod
- Web: Fix 3566941 Imap protocol is not activated by default in .war