Ever wanted to get rid of Outlook ? DavMail is a POP/IMAP/SMTP/Caldav/Carddav/LDAP exchange
gateway allowing users to use any mail/calendar client (e.g. Thunderbird with Lightning or
Apple iCal) with an Exchange server, even from the internet or behind a firewall through
Outlook Web Access.
DavMail now includes an LDAP gateway to Exchange global address book and user personal
contacts to allow recipient address completion in mail compose window and full calendar
support with attendees free/busy display.
The main goal of DavMail is to provide standard compliant protocols in front of proprietary
Exchange. This means LDAP for global address book, SMTP to send messages, IMAP to browse
messages on the server in any folder, POP to retrieve inbox messages only, Caldav for
calendar support and Carddav for personal contacts sync.
Thus any standard compliant client can be used with Microsoft Exchange.
DavMail gateway is implemented in java and should run on any platform. Releases are tested
on Windows, Linux (Ubuntu) and Mac OSX. Tested successfully with the Iphone
(gateway running on a server).
Includes full Exchange 2007 and 2010 support with EWS implementation,
fixed OSX Mountain Lion support, switched Windows wrappers to WinRun4J
and additional enhancements and bugfixes.
- IMAP: workaround for broken message headers on Exchange 2010
- IMAP: log content if less than 2K
- IMAP: improve Exchange 2010 header search, use direct header names to implement substring search on some headers
- IMAP: additional fix for Exchange 2010 header search, use PR_TRANSPORT_MESSAGE_HEADERS
- IMAP: Exchange 2010 does not support header search, workaround to avoid duplicate items in Drafts folder with Thunderbird
- IMAP: fix 3553942, unexpected imap NIL response
- IMAP: detect and ignore missing message to avoid NullPointerException
- IMAP: improve bodystructure error handling
- Doc: fix image swap
- Doc: update roadmap
- Doc: add Developed with Intellij Idea link
- Caldav: encode semicolon in urlcompname
- Caldav: fix attendees in modified occurences
- Caldav: additional timezone names for Exchange 2010
- Caldav: additional timezones available in Exchange 2007
- Caldav: Partial fix for missing items on Exchange 2010
- Caldav: fix OSX Mountain Lion (iCal 6) support
- Merge patch 3488553: Make davmail.jar executable
- Merge patch from 3562031, advanced noProxyFor handling
- Display released version in about frame when different from current version
- Fix 3562031, implement davmail.noProxyFor setting to exclude hosts from proxy settings
- Merge preauthentication page patch
- Prepare pre authentication page merge in ExchangeSession
- Try to improve shutdown hook
- Update download url in 64 bit wrappers to http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
- Add davmailservice64.exe WinRun4J service wrapper
- Replace 64 bits jsmoothgen with WinRun4J wrapper
- 64 bits Winrun4J wrapper
- Fix Winrun4J service wrapper implementation, launch a non daemon thread
- Win: switch to Winrun4J wrappers
- OSX: Add a note on Gatekeeper for OSX Mountain Lion users
- EWS: fix davmail.acceptEncodingGzip setting handling
Log in to post a comment.