I am working on a special project, where
- calendar entries are created automatically by an application
- the calendar items are tagged with a specific GUID in order to be able to follow up on them even if they were modified
- users should still be able to create calendar entries manually on their mobile devices, with the ability to modify their own entries, but not those of others
This is where my problem is: apparently when modified on a caldav-client (eg iOS), the calendar entries are in fact deleted and re-created on the exchange server which leads to two issues:
1) the GUID tag is lost
2) its impossible to specify certain calendar access permissions on Exchange because
- eg "modify own entries" requires actually a delete permission
Is this behaviour as intended or is there something wrong with my setup?
Thank you so much for any help, I am already desperate with this issue!!
I can confirm the delete/create on update with DavMail, this is a workaround of an Exchange EWS issue: it does not parse iCal content on update.
Not losing the guid would be quite easy to implement, but I don't see any way to manage your second issue.
Log in to post a comment.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.