DavMail 4.0 problems with Notification Center

Help
Pnut
2012-09-16
2013-06-12
  • Pnut

Pnut - 2012-09-16

Hi all,

I had posted an earlier topic, but think I have pinpointed the problem.

Running DavMail 4 on Mountain Lion. Using Calendar, connecting to a shared calendar on an Exchange 2003 Server. Setup goes fine, Public Calendar shows fine, I can view / edit etc.

The problem occurs when an Calendar notification for that Public Calendar through Notification Center turns up. By default for the Calendars the type of notification is Alerts. Alerts need to be dismissed by clicking close or snooze.

See 2 screenshots:

Then as soon as I click the close or snooze button, I get a password prompt about iCal /Calendar not being able to connect to the account.

I have tested several times and the password prompt is really only coming up as soon as I have clicked the notification close or snooze button. The password prompt itself is already strange, since the setup of the account is correct! How else would my shared Exchange 2003 calendar show up correctly in the first place!

Then I did another test, and set the notifications for Calendar to Banners instead of Alerts. Which means no user interaction necessary, the alert will disappear in a matter of seconds.

Using this setting for Calendar in the Notification Preferences does not result in a password prompt after a Calendar item generates a notification.

Date:           Sun Sep 16 11:16:32 EDT 2012 (1347808592465)
    Thread:     CaldavConnection-49474
    Message #:  786
    Level:      WARN
    NDC:            
    Category:   davmail.exchange.ExchangeSession
    Message:        Unable to create or update event 401 HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
    Location:   davmail.exchange.dav.DavExchangeSession$Event.createOrUpdate(DavExchangeSession.java:1673)
    Thrown:

However it is strange behaviour and hopefully a solution can be found. I really like to have my Calendar notifications in my screen for me to manually address.

Hopefully someone has an idea about this and how to solve.

Thanks in advance!

• Pnut

Pnut - 2012-09-16

My screenshots are seen as spam?

here they are again:

• Pnut

Pnut - 2012-09-16

• Pnut

Pnut - 2012-09-16

• Pnut

Pnut - 2012-09-16

• Mickael Guessant

Exchange used to return 440 on access denied, DavMail converts this to 403 forbidden to avoid the above issue.
    However in your case the returned status is 401 (authentication required) => this code is returned to iCal and triggers the authentication popup.

Maybe we should also convert 401 to 403, can you please provide a davmail.log file to confirm this ?

• Pnut

Pnut - 2012-09-19

Hi,

I think you are on the right track.

Where can I send the logfile to?

• Mickael Guessant

As usual: mguessan@free.fr

• Pnut

Pnut - 2012-09-24

Hi,

I think the fix in the subversion has triggered some other errors.

I have emailed you the log with subject 403 error log file

• Mickael Guessant

Ok, new fix with 200 OK instead of 403 in subversion… This may also fail.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks