I have allready told the openoffice crew about the
following bug. I'm not quite sure this an openoffice or a
webdav bug. Here is my problem:
1.) One PC with Windows XP embedded with IIS 5.1
2.) One PC with Linux (Knoppix 3.9, Kernel 2.6.11,
3.) I mount with the Linux PC to the Xp PC over dvfs 2.6
(mount -t davfs
4.) The mount process works fine. I can create file
change it, read and write it.
5.) Then I start OpenOffice 2.0 (writer or calc) and create
a new File with some simple content.
6.) Then I save the file
7.) I check now the File on the Windows Side. The file
was created but it is empty.
8.) I can open it on the linux site and it is still empty.
9.) Now I save a new File with the same or another
content but with a different extension such as .doc
10.) This works fine. The file is save on the windows
It seems to me that all Open Documents Formats can't
be saved over a mounted
I have made also another test:
1.) Start OpenOffice and start writing a letter.
2.) Save it on teh Linux PC. This works fine.
3.) Copy the file to the mounted webdav directory.
4.) It can be open on the windows site without any
For me it seems to be a problem in the saving
mechanism in conjunction with davfs.
I will also report this problem to the guys of davfs.
I hope you can fix this problem.
Log in to post a comment.