Limitations on Images?

mjgraf
2007-11-06
2013-01-20
  • mjgraf
    mjgraf
    2007-11-06

I did not see anything in the help, but is there a limitation on the file size/resolution that can be imported?  It seems to be limited by the resolution with about the max length being around 900px.

• There shouldn't be a limitation. I just checked and it does seem to work
      fine on my end (imported images with a size of 3072 x 2304).
      Also tried to set them as an image for a book cover, which also worked fine.

Maybe there's a message in your log or maybe I tried something different you did?

Kind regards,
      Robert Jan

• mjgraf
      mjgraf
      2007-11-06

hmm. tried the same image again this morning and it works.  I have noticed the longer I stay in the program and work (guessing 40+ minutes), the more sluggish and unresponsive it becomes.  Sometimes double clicking an item will send my processor to 100% for 5 to 10 seconds and then open the item 10 to 15 seconds later.  I just close and reopen Data Crow and all is fine.

I am on a Mac Mini Intel Core Solo with OSX 10.4.10
      java version "1.5.0_07"
      Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_07-164)
      Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_07-87, mixed mode, sharing)

On my next large book input I will run it in my WindowsXP VMware and see if the same problem occurs.

I hate not being able to replicate problems.  I normally do not submit issues unless I can replicate it, and last night, 5 tries with this image did not work so I resized the image such that the max width was 900 and it imported with no problems (hence my post).  But I did not close the program, reopen, and try the import again last night.