Self-Check Out

Jeremy
2011-05-04
2013-02-05
  • Jeremy

Jeremy - 2011-05-04

I am not sure how feasible this is, but I am just throwing this out there for consideration.

At the volunteer library where we are using Data Crow, due to some staffing issues, we want to have self-check out.  Right now the only route to accomplish this is to have a generic public login which allows users to loan books to one default contact person.  This would allow us to track which books are loaned out and when they were loaned, but does not allow us to track who loans them out. 

It would be useful if library patrons could create a login that would allow them to check books out only to themselves and not have access to information of other patrons.  For example, on the login box there could be a choice to create an account.   The admin could setup what information is necessary to create an account (such as needing an email address or phone number) similar to how contact persons are setup now.  Once the patron creates the account, the person could login,  select to loan a book out, and it would be recorded as loaned out to that particular user.

As I said, I have no idea the logistics of doing this, but thought it would be a good edition to the program.

• Robert Jan van der Waals

Hi,

I will investigate the possibilty since I know there are more libraries using this software. Anyone else who would be interested in such a feature?

Cheers,
    Robert

• djaida

djaida - 2013-02-05

I would be interested in this, as I also use DataCrow in a library.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks