Unable to upgrade to 3.9.21

Blixa
2013-04-01
2013-04-29
  • Blixa

Blixa - 2013-04-01

Hi,
    first of all, let me thank you for your work, I think Data crow is awesome. I've been using it for two years now, and it makes me feel my multimedia collection is really under control.
    Now, the problem. I've tried to upgrade from 3.9.14 to 3.9.21 several times: by installing over current install, backup/restore, etc. It always ends by asking a username/password combination it never works. I've tried to change password for user sa in the 3.9.14 (the pwd was blank) but no luck when restored to 3.9.21. I've tried capital letters, of course.
    Don't know what else to do!!!

Again, thanks for your help.

• Rüdiger Koch

Rüdiger Koch - 2013-04-05

Hi,
    like Blixa I',m not able to upgrade rom 3.9.14 to 3.9.21.
    It looks like the hsqldb upgrade is not working. See also logfile.
    Manually upgrade db: -> same result

E:\programs\datacrow\upgradeHSQL>java.exe -version
    java version "1.6.0_30"

would be happy about an idea how to upgrade!

Last edit: Rüdiger Koch 2013-04-06
  • Rüdiger Koch

Rüdiger Koch - 2013-04-06

update: To be more precise:
    when I try to access the database with the DatabaseManager after 3.14 to 3.21 upgrade then I get an error before login (also datacrow claimed to have successfully upgraded hsql db):
    E:\programs\datacrow421>java -Xmx512m -classpath ./lib/hsqldb.jar org.hsqldb.util.DatabaseManager --url jdbc:hsqldb:data/database/dc
    ->
    2013-04-06T19:02:43.682+0200 SEVERE readExistingData failed
    org.hsqldb.HsqlException: integrity constraint violation: unique constraint or index violation: MUSICALBUM_EXTERNALREFERENCE_IDX
    at org.hsqldb.error.Error.error(Unknown Source)
    at org.hsqldb.error.Error.error(Unknown Source)

• Rüdiger Koch

Rüdiger Koch - 2013-04-08

I really like datacrow and I've been disappointed that the upgrade didn't work (for me and also others). Because I wanted to use the program also in the future I looked for a workaround:
    1. Item export and Import worked well (when jvm being called with enough memory)
    1.1 Original item creation date I set up with the hsql database tool
    2 @author: please add upgrade hints

Hope this might be helpful.

• Robert Jan van der Waals

Hi,

I have made several fixes to the upgrade process - please try this with version 3.9.22 (to be released soon).

Thnanks for hanging in there!
    Robert

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks