A field with the same name already exists

mattatwork
2011-04-05
2013-01-20
  • mattatwork

mattatwork - 2011-04-05

I have attempted to create a new module that contains several pictures but an error appears stating "A field with the same name already exists. Please enter a different name for this field."

I have reviewed the module creation PDF and also queried the forum for similar errors. No luck.

I am using a clean install (simply unzip) and then create a new module with more than one picture field. I have not entered any data in this installation. (Windows 7 32bit with latest version of DataCrow v3.9.6)

I have attempted to create a new module using the New Module Wizard, selecting the OTHER module option.

I create several single-line text fields successfully.
    I create the first picture field titled "Picture #1" successfully.
    I attempt to create the second picture field titled "Picture #2" and an error window appears:

"A field with the same name already exists. Please enter a different name for this field."

Initially I attempted to create 4 picture fields: Picture #1, Picture #2, Pictrure #3, and Picture #4.
    Then I attempted to create with different title: Pic#1, Pic#2 … and the same error appeared.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong… tried it multiple times on separate installs with different field names. Same results.

• Robert Jan van der Waals

Hi,

That is because Data Crow is very strict when it comes to checking on field duplications; it only checks on the normalized string and strips all special characters and numbers when doing this check.

I will review this process and make a change if necessary.

Cheers.
    Robert