Menu

Simplifying the "Create New" web-form?

2014-05-06
2015-07-27
  • Venelin Mitov

Venelin Mitov - 2014-05-06

Hello,

In the web-app, Is it possible to configure the "Create New" web-form for the book module so that it has fewer fields? Currently, all the fields of the book module seem to be shown there and it takes time to find the ones which I actually use: book title, ISBN, year, authors plus a couple of custom fields: Book owner and location.

Thanks for your help and for the great tool,
    Best regards,
    Venelin

• Robert Jan van der Waals

Hi,

This is possible; go to the Settings and select the Web Field Settings option.
    Here you can mark which fields dhould be shown. So you configure this in application rather than in the web application.

Cheers,
    Robert

• Venelin Mitov

Venelin Mitov - 2014-05-20

Hello,

Unchecking the "Visible?" option for fields in the Web Field settings hides these fields from the table representation in the Web-page. However, these fields remain visible, although not editable, in the "Create New" form. Like this, the "Create New" form is over-crowded with fields which I never use and searching for the three or four fields that I need to fill in is a bit annoying.

Best regards,
    Venelin

• Robert Jan van der Waals

Hi,

Sorry for not being able to respond to this message earlier due to my absence.

You are absolutely right. I will be devleoping a whole new web application for the 4.0 version and will take this into account.

Best, Robert

• Venelin Mitov

Venelin Mitov - 2015-07-27

Hi,
    Just tried the 4.1 version. The selection of fields to be shown in the Item Form settings works great! Thank you for that!